Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Because I'm strange
I have a bad habit of having plans for my future in the romantic category, most specifically wedding plans, and, being with the guy I had been going to marry before I screwed up my relationship with him, we had been together a year and 4 months, though all of it was online dating, and we had been engaged for a year of that time, and I remembered a few of the ones I had... is that a bad thing? or just odd?and is it Bad I want whoever it is that presides over the ceremony (I plan on having a ceremony, but neither of us are christian.. so not sure how that'll work out) to say "Queerly beloved" at the beginning? all because of a Joke I saw on Facebook...I'm pretty sure I sound stupid, or creepy/obsessive or something, but please, forgive me...
he seems to enjoy my clinginess, when I don't spam him with messages at least, so I don't think I should change, but who knows

Humeinator2 Wrote:I have a bad habit of having plans for my future in the romantic category, most specifically wedding plans, and, being with the guy I had been going to marry before I screwed up my relationship with him, we had been together a year and 4 months, though all of it was online dating, and we had been engaged for a year of that time, and I remembered a few of the ones I had... is that a bad thing? or just odd?and is it Bad I want whoever it is that presides over the ceremony (I plan on having a ceremony, but neither of us are christian.. so not sure how that'll work out) to say "Queerly beloved" at the beginning? all because of a Joke I saw on Facebook...I'm pretty sure I sound stupid, or creepy/obsessive or something, but please, forgive me...
he seems to enjoy my clinginess, when I don't spam him with messages at least, so I don't think I should change, but who knows

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think you should get a real life in person BF with whom you spend time with type experience long before you start thinking about wedding plans.

I agree. It okay to imagine your wedding and plan it out. Many girls start planning their wedding when their little girls. Even I have thought and planned out certain details of the wedding I want. It is natural. Weddings are big events in our lives and we want them to be perfect so that we will have good memories.

But first you have to find a person you have met and not just through the internet. I don't know if you have ever met your boyfriend in person but usually that's a step that needs to happen before getting engaged. Yes you can meet guys on the internet and talk to them and start a relationship but usually the next step is meeting them and seeing if your compatible and if your lifestyles and friends are compatible for each other. Then after adjusting to each other and forming a deeper bond then you can get engaged and be married.

I'm planning to move from texas ASAP, so I've been thinking of asking to live with or near him (not sure when his lease is up so eh)

Trust no one on the internet, including me.

With that said. BEFORE you plan out your wedding with this guy, aim for a bit of face to face real time like a year (at least) of daily contact to get a real close peek of what is under the mask.

People are NOT what they appear on the surface - it takes a few months of being around them before their masks slip and the real person (or monster) shines through.

I'd be careful!

OOOOH.....when love strikes a young heart bells ring to the beat of slightest movement of emotions. But as you get older love strikes the bells of heart, but this time with strings of caution!

I'm more cautious of people then credited for, I've been the one people would manipulated or treat like shit all my life, so I don't trust people as easily as may seem, and I don't trust anyone completly, except five people, one is my best friends Logan, who is currently in a facility due to having lost all memory after 2011, and the others are my great grandparents on dads side, great grandma on mom's, and My friends, and Logan's lover/my dead fiance's brother Pedro... other than them, i barely trust half my friends even halfway so meh.... but I'm slowly giving my lover more trust, and I'm the one that shouldn't be trusted in this situation anyway, so eh...

Humeinator2 Wrote:.... but I'm slowly giving my lover more trust, and I'm the one that shouldn't be trusted in this situation anyway, so eh...

Why are you the one who shouldn't be trusted?

Humeinator, not that I doubt your plans for the future, you are still very young to be considering the marriage route... As has been said by others here, live a bit, experience life a bit and then rethink it all. You can still keep your plan to marry... but at 18, are you really ready for it?