Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Gay is Confusing
dfiant1 Wrote:Anon, I don't think you are all together over thinking things, over thinking is definitely an issue, but I would also like to say that to me it appears that you are looking for a 'label' for yourself, but there is no human that fits a label and hence fits nicely into a box.

You are a culmination of several life experiences of which there are currently about 7 billion different combinations of billions of differing experiences, so the chances of you being like anyone else is slim.

Live your life and define yourself by your own morals and standards, not societies and not other peoples morals and standards

I like what this guy said
:3

Just wanted to add my 2 cents here, Anonymous. I'm in the same boat. I'm 24 now, have had very few serious relationships. Unlike you, I do partake in "no strings" activity, but only infrequently. Being gay isn't confusing, there's no true way to "be" gay. You just have to find which niche you belong to.

I consider myself a gaymer otaku literary bear cub. Why? Because I don't think I should have to give up the things I love to be "gay" There's this whole stigma about being gay where you have to follow the stereotypes. I do not, I present myself to the gay community as I am. If they have a problem with it, it's their problem. I can only be myself. I don't have this obligation to be somebody else. I like who I am. I guess if the cost is I have to stay single for a while longer until I can meet that right guy, then so be it.

Just be yourself. Go out and have fun, there's plenty of time for love later, have fun while you can Smile

I see being gay as having the capacity to love and be loved by someone of the same sex. That's different from a straight guy and three pints.

There are plenty of reasons why some of us can be a bit slow to acknowledge our true selves. Most of those are to do with what we believe other people think.

I was straight. I knew I would eventually grow out of liking men. That's what they told me at church. When it hadn't happened by the time I was staring at forty I realised I could be wrong. That was awkward.

Im just wandering about the 2 relationships you had but never met ? A lot of people start relationships this way these days , if you never met why do you think the problem with you?

And maybe your being too prudish, have fun, get experience, dont have to have sex

Its not confusing being gay its just confusing being a person and trying to get along with other people.

Even though you probably pass a guy every week you could be in a happy loving relationship with. You just arent.

Maybe go for a type you dont usually go for or think you would like normally.

And don't pass up the opportunity to have a little fun every now and then...people have sex, it's as natural as masturbation...don't go out seeking it, but if it happens, have fun.

Anonymous Wrote:I'm 22...almost 23...and I have no idea what it is to be gay (other than that I like the same sex and that's never going to change).

Well, allow me to tell you that......that right there is the compete and full meaning of being gay....that's about it..

let me use me as an example..

I am a 26 year old biochemist working in a Biotechnology lab, (trying to) produce antimicrobial peptides to be applied in the food industry as an alternative to chemical preservants.

how does being gay make me any different than my co-worker...only that I like men and he likes women...that's it..see?

Anonymous Wrote:I find that a little difficult to stick with if I've never even had a short term relationship (much less a long term), or even more than one date with the same guy (I've been on twelve dates with twelve different guys, two long distance relationships that ended without ever meeting)...and all of this was from dating...erm...hook up...sites/apps. And I started dating at age 20. Okay 2, almost 3 years...and I've given up the dating sites/apps.

Do drop the dating sites and move on to fiding real people available to you where you are, go out there. Don't stop searching

Anonymous Wrote:I'll be further honest here anonymously and say that I'm too afraid to do intimate/sexual things without the strings. I also think I'm clueless with relationships despite wanting to raise a family one day (much later in life).

Nothing wrong there..

you just need to feel comfortable about it, before you have sex, nevermind the whole virginity thing, when to lose it crap..

do it when you feel ok with it and when you happen to be with a person that will make you comfortable and happy

as for the rest of your questions, a lot of them need more info on your part to be answered, but no, you're hardly the only one who has asked that

Woollyhats Wrote:Mr. Tinkles is very wise, as most cats are, so make sure you read what he said.

[SIZE="5"]
I need this printed, dated, signed, and notarized!!![/SIZE]

Sylph Wrote:I... I...

What? :I My brain did collapse >,>

...that makes two of us.

And no, dude. Being gay is not confusing at all. You like guys, and that's it.