Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being romantic :)
Hi Guys! Smile

What does being romantic mean to you? Smile

I'm not really sure... But to me being romantic is able to make your guy happy by cuddling with him, whispering loving words to his ears etc. Smile But I wonder if I can be that romantic? *wonders*

words, gestures, acts meant to show the trust, love, appreciation and VALUE you have for someone. it's not always sweet words and gifts or candle lit dinners. It can be funny to the point of being comical and so serious it brings tears. The best part is it feels as good to express romantic feelings as it does to receive them.

I could bore you to death with details about things we do that are romantic... most are silly personal, private.

I basically agree with Virge. "Romantic," can be anything, really. It doesn't have to be the Hall Mark Card, Hearts and Flowers or Candle Lit Dinner kind of thing. THOSE socially prescribed and marketed rituals *can* be good and fun. But so can a lot of other things.

What I think it boils down to is being *inteested* in the other guy, caring about him, wanting to be there for him and with him in all kinds of situations -- everything fro sex to hiking to going to movies to dinner to just sitting around, hanging out, talking about what is on your mind, how your day went -- etc. All this is "romance" in my book. IOW, it isn't just for special occasions. Yeah, there can be those -- Valentines, Holidays, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Special Times just for the two of you -- but it isn't just that. Actions do speak louder than words, too, but they don't have to be contrived or dramatic. Its just wanting to BE together.

Giving somebody your last rolo.

My BF thinks I am very romantic...but it is all private stuff and not for anyone else but him.....so I can't/won't share any of it......

bluedragon Wrote:But I wonder if I can be that romantic? *wonders*

You can be as romantic as you feel, it only comes from the bottom of your heart. There are infinite ways to be romantic, yes I mean INFINITE. Most important of all is to do things that make your guy deeply happy, like taking him to his favorite place, preparing his favorite meal, turn on his favorite music, watch his favorite movies with him...

I'm not gonna talk about my own experience now, but I'm telling you what's obvious. In my opinion, the most heartfelt way to be romantic is to give him a gift (on his birthday or whatever occasion). This gift should be one that he may never forget, so that he can remember how precious he is in your eyes. Such as a fragrance, a necklace, a bracelet, a video that shares your good times together if any... these are most valuable.

As I said, being romantic must only be felt from the bottom of your heart, it rings an emotional duty inside you... Romance is wonderful, it makes us feel secure. It is the inner base of any relationship.

I hope I've helped you BighugBighugBighug

PS: don't forget to hug him!! Smile

spilovn Wrote:Giving somebody your last rolo.

Yes deffo the best romantic gesture of all, hehe

I think Mike w and Virge have both pretty much nailed in ragards to what being romantic is.

To me its all the little things that you do to show you care about your bf/gf. all those little things make the bigger ones possible.

2 minutes of foreplay.

I kid, I kid.