Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being romantic :)
Thanks for your replies guys Smile

CarGuy65 Wrote:Romance is the little things to me. On Sunday We went to the Alameda Point antique fair and we walked the whole thing holding hands. It was wonderful!

I was there all day! We spent part of the day talking to our friends..they have been together 36 years now and are going to get married this month....

We have similar ideas about marriage but we all four agree that it is the best thing to do for legal reasons

Virge Wrote:words, gestures, acts meant to show the trust, love, appreciation and VALUE you have for someone. it's not always sweet words and gifts or candle lit dinners. It can be funny to the point of being comical and so serious it brings tears. The best part is it feels as good to express romantic feelings as it does to receive them.

I could bore you to death with details about things we do that are romantic... most are silly personal, private.

Nothing silly about that...

MikeW Wrote:I basically agree with Virge. "Romantic," can be anything, really. It doesn't have to be the Hall Mark Card, Hearts and Flowers or Candle Lit Dinner kind of thing. THOSE socially prescribed and marketed rituals *can* be good and fun. But so can a lot of other things.

What I think it boils down to is being *inteested* in the other guy, caring about him, wanting to be there for him and with him in all kinds of situations -- everything fro sex to hiking to going to movies to dinner to just sitting around, hanging out, talking about what is on your mind, how your day went -- etc. All this is "romance" in my book. IOW, it isn't just for special occasions. Yeah, there can be those -- Valentines, Holidays, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Special Times just for the two of you -- but it isn't just that. Actions do speak louder than words, too, but they don't have to be contrived or dramatic. Its just wanting to BE together.

Excellent, Mike. I have to agree that it can be mostly actions. Considerations you have for your partner. The way you listen to what they've said and how you can react, sometimes much later, to what they've said or done, or asked, which proves you were listening and atuned, providing a secure environment for romance and attachment.

Single Gay Man

in New York City (USA)

My Mood:

You are in my mind where my thoughts of you temporarily reside, in my heart where my emotions of you take refuge, and in my soul whether you live or die forever.*

To me being romantic is when you let your deepest feeling known and touches those who witness it . Being romantic is not limited to just lovers, but to those lovers of the heart, mind, and soul. Every human feeling, touch, or emotion are as vary in form and color as Autumn leafs. Romance to some may require a furnished house with a fireplace to feel its warmth? while the real romantic prefers an unfurnished home, where shared feelings, touches, and emotions are all that is required to feel the warmth of Love: the only piece of furniture they'll need to sleep, eat, and live by with the one he loves!

CarGuy65 Wrote:Romance is the little things to me. On Sunday We went to the Alameda Point antique fair and we walked the whole thing holding hands. It was wonderful!

Lovely. Not sure we all feel comfortable holding our lover's hand in public. Depends where we are.

princealbertofb Wrote:Lovely. Not sure we all feel comfortable holding our lover's hand in public. Depends where we are.

I used to have mixed feelings about it but I am older now and pretty much don't give a crap about what other people think anymore (you tend to get this way after 35+ years working with the general public).
As we were walking around holding hands, I didn't hear anything negative. Just the hardcore lesbians( no offence!) gave us that "eeewwww" horrified look on their faces.
The most romantic time we had was at Disneyland in March. We held hands the whole day and when watching the night time shows I held him in my arms the entire time.
That to me was pure romantic bliss!!!
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

princealbertofb Wrote:Lovely. Not sure we all feel comfortable holding our lover's hand in public. Depends where we are.

Jay and I make a game out of not holding hands but doing other things that people won't notice --- like the drink switching he does -- him carrying my wallet so he can use my card and HOPE someone asks for ID so he can call me over to say its ok.. ---- horseplay in public --- we have tons of fun not holding hands too often

My apologies for the duplicate messages! I think to have reached the 50 posts mark!? hopefully my messages won't have to be monitored anymore! thank Virge and everyone else for guiding me through it! Elkgrin

LEANDRONJ Wrote:My apologies for the duplicate messages! I think to have reached the 50 posts mark!? hopefully my messages won't have to be monitored anymore! thank Virge and everyone else for guiding me through it! Elkgrin

Cool job Leandro!