Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Gay Films!
A Love TO Hide .... Sad story, French film, but a good story.

Ooo, fantastic thread ^_^

I have always been on the lookout for 'gay movies'.. this is fantastic, and there's even a giant Wikipedia list of them!

I remember I fell in love with Speedway Junky when I was about 17 - I think it may have been due to an insane crush on one of the characters, nonetheless, a very cute movie.

Re: Brokeback Mountain, I felt it was a tale of lust more than anything else.. I dunno.. I almost feel as though they were seeking profits through 'shock factor'.. The storyline didn't touch me at all. Sad

Would 'bruno' be considered a gay film? Cause i thought that was epicly funny Tongue

I agree with Sil about Bent...really powerful fim. I liked Milk alot as well but it was hard to watch for me for personal reasons...

I think Torch Song Trilogy was really good and I liked Billys Hollywood Screen Kiss because it had some great moments...it wasn't the best movie but the great moments kinda made up for it.

I also disliked Brokeback Mountain,...bored me to tears,,,I liked Red Dirt which is similar (sorta in an unrequited love wayWink) to Brokeback Mountain but alot more erotic IMO.

ah, and the gay comedies of the 90's

You win Wintereis...except I think Angels in America is the best movie ever...i don't think of it as a gay movie but really it is. I remember turning to my lover after watching Angels in America and telling him..."Damn...this is kinda screwed...we have just seen the best movie we will ever see...everything else is downhill from here"

I think Tales of the City (and More Tales of the City and Further Tales of the City) might qualify as well...Tales is actually my favorite movie of all time...maybe not the best movie...great gay characters and subplot.