Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottoms don't get hard!
What I don't get is that the vast majority here seem to find feminine men unattractive (even if they're ok with them otherwise) and yet going by all the posts I'd think the majority of gay men are exactly what's not desired.

It doesn't make sense. :confused:

Or is it that all the other gay men are too busy getting down and dirty with their feminine men to get on GS? :tongue:

Wade Wrote:I swear, this shit gives me such a headache. Let's just blow all these fucking terms and labels out the window and never look back. People are people. If we're going to be serious about labels, then there needs to be as many labels as there are individuals.

since different positions and desires exist, then labels also exist.
i too get angry when someone says bottoms are more "fem", lean to crossdressing and wearing make up, this drives me crazy!
there is nothing wrong with cross dressing or wearing make up, in fact i had a lot of transvestite friends back in Istanbul, but it wrong to say bottoms enjoy doing this.
in fact there are fully trans people who like to be the pitcher in the sexual intercourse!

i saw on other topic ppl saying "bottoms get off by pleasing their top" or stuff like this bullsh*t stuff!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Actually, a transvestite is a heterosexual man that likes to wear womens clothes.

A gay man who likes to wear womens clothes, without being a drag queen or a transexual, is just a cross-dresser.

A transexual is a gay man who wears womens clothes, and also wants a sex change.

A gay man who wears womens clothes is either a drag queen, a queen, or a boy in drag.
Depending on how far into dressing up they get, or just wear certain items.

These are very "grey" areas though.

according to wikipedia, Transvestism (also called transvestitism) is the practice of cross-dressing, which is wearing clothing traditionally associated with the opposite sex or gender. and i guess this works for any sexual orientation.

but what we are talking about here is a post i saw and people started replying that it is kinda common being bottom and cross dressing and wearing make up!
being bottom and dressing like a woman is not common, period.

and associating cross dressing with bottoming a prejudice, since there are many cross dressers, shemale and transvestites who like to be the pitcher, the fu*ker in an intercourse.

Pix Wrote:What I don't get is that the vast majority here seem to find feminine men unattractive (even if they're ok with them otherwise) and yet going by all the posts I'd think the majority of gay men are exactly what's not desired.

Or is it that all the other gay men are too busy getting down and dirty with their feminine men to get on GS? :tongue:

really, there is nothing wrong with being fem or wearing make up at all! but seeing posts that say bottom gay guys tend to wear make up or cross dress or don't get hard and come off just piss me off!

Pix Wrote:What I don't get is that the vast majority here seem to find feminine men unattractive (even if they're ok with them otherwise) and yet going by all the posts I'd think the majority of gay men are exactly what's not desired.

For the record, I do not include myself in that category, but you're right, that does seem to be the consensus. I think you're absolutely correct about your last point too. To make a dangerously broad generalization, I think that most people begin participating in a site like this because they are lonely (I do include myself in this group), and being a gay guy who is not attracted to fem guys is certainly a recipe for loneliness.

strangerrr Wrote:...if you like to look like a lady and try your best to look like a lady, then you are not a man. this is why we use the term transvestite (remember the acronym LGBT, where T stands for all kind of trans)

strangerrr, I have to disagree strongly with you on this. A man is a man unless he gets a sex change operation. Wearing women's clothing or otherwise trying to look like a woman does not change the fact that he's a man. A man can be gay or straight and be a transvestite. He's still a man.

There are people who say that a man who welcomes a d1ck up his @ss is not a man. You and I both disagree with that. I put your statement above in the same category.

I think your complaint is with the stereotype of bottoms being more fem. I'm sure that varies widely in different cultures. The fact is that all kinds of gay men prefer being bottom.

Are there some bottoms who are fem? who can't get hard? who get off by pleasing their top? Yes, but not because they are bottoms.

Geminize Wrote:strangerrr, I have to disagree strongly with you on this. A man is a man unless he gets a sex change operation. Wearing women's clothing or otherwise trying to look like a woman does not change the fact that he's a man. A man can be gay or straight and be a transvestite. He's still a man.

There are people who say that a man who welcomes a d1ck up his @ss is not a man. You and I both disagree with that. I put your statement above in the same category.

I think your complaint is with the stereotype of bottoms being more fem. I'm sure that varies widely in different cultures. The fact is that all kinds of gay men prefer being bottom.

Are there some bottoms who are fem? who can't get hard? who get off by pleasing their top? Yes, but not because they are bottoms.

I always love it when someone intelligent can come along and articulate what I'm thinking or what I have tried to say.

Geminize Wrote:...

around us there many ppl with different desires, but what is fu*ked up when someone says that it is common among bottoms to dress like women and wear make up.
i don't wear make up, i don't dress like women, and all the bottoms i've seen in my life are not into these stuff, just like me.
of course this was in Turkey, but i guess everything is different here; maybe it is a "cultural" thing that bottoms here are cross dressers or fem. idk.

i think everyone is saying the same thing here; that labels are miss leading

depending on what you are looking for, if looking for a relationship;
there are more important things to look for in a partner. For example are they wanting a relationship, trust, respect...

Feminine, wearing make up, this person may at minimum be able to teach someone a lot about accepting him self. When was the lat time any of us had a 1800 calorie day at the gym. Can any of us swap out an ECU in a car. Maybe pour a driveway over the week end. No; we have office jobs are are on the "team" return home and watch TV.

the gay dating pool is some what limited. Could look for someone to round out the partnership and complete the house hold who ever he might be

Wade Wrote:I always love it when someone intelligent can come along and articulate what I'm thinking or what I have tried to say.

i am not trying to justify or defend or attack something/someone.
but when they say it is common for bottoms to be this and that, thats bullcrap.
i get kinda mad too when they start asking me about my girlfriend, assuming i am str8; just the same way i get mad when they think that bottom gay men are into cross-dressing or wearing make.