Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullying
This may be really long and I am sorry. This is just me ranting.

So, in the news today. A kid of 13 took his own life from bullying. This has really become an epidemic. There have been so many suicides, and it is sad and heart breaking. Most of the suicides that I have heard, have been from kids being bullied for being gay. I come from a really religious city. Southern Baptist to be exact. "If you are from Texas or have been there, then you know what I am talking about." A lot of the people on the news in my city when someone took their own life was, they are going to hell. They were weak. They need to grow a back bone. Stand up for your self. And things like this in nature.

The thing is bullying is not always physical. It is also mental. Yes I survived bullying. I got it mentally, also being called FAG, gay, Fagot, and Pansy Ass. I received it at home and at school. The only reason I made it to where I am at, is because of my best friend. We still are best friends. This person may not know that they impacted my life this much. But He really has. I was to the put of suicide. I did cut. I was really close. But, I survived because of friends. A lot of the kids that are bullied now a days. Do not have the luxury of friends. They are cut off from society, because of Internet and games. There is no personal time for anyone anymore. So, you saying all these things is a form of bullying in it self. You should be ashamed of your self. Think and filter before you write and speak. It may last a lifetime and taint a soul.

Thank you for reading my long rant and I really do appreciate. There is way more I can write but I will retain my self.

"Love is easily forgotten, but Hate lasts a lifetime."
--Musicislife

"Before you echo 'Amen' in your home or place of worship, think and remember...a child is listening.”
― Mary Griffith

Mary Griffith.. something breaks in me every time i hear that word, every time i remember her story. Knowing how nasty world can be.. it decays me from the inside.

Sad news. It is a paradox that the internet can connect us with a community as helpful as Gayspeak, and isolate us from interacting with people face to face. I don't blame people who feel unaccepted, misunderstood, or bullied from retreating from society. That can lead to a very heavy emotional place, though. Loneliness is debilitating. I've been there.

Every incident like this is a reminder to me to speak up when I see someone being mistreated. It may be "none of my business", but it may also prevent someone from becoming another sad story. I hope I have the courage the next time I'm in that kind of situation.

[SIZE="2"] Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
-Mother Teresa[/SIZE]

Bullying is absolutely terrible. The biggest regret of my life is probably not being able to- no wait, that's bullshit. My biggest regret is probably how I could have done more for a bullied kid in primary school than I did.

When it comes to gay kids who commit suicide because of bullying, I don't understand how people can still be homophobes. Don't they realize that they're part of the mentality that causes loads of young people to curse the world they were born in and finally leave it? :/

I will have the strength to stand up the next time I see it happening. If I get into danger I am going to protect them. I do not want them to be a sad story. I am right there with you!

The ones that really make me sad are the ones who suicide because they believe they DESERVE to burn eternally (that also scares me because if their upbringing made them think that and suicide, then what do their straight relatives think of the rest of us?). Some of these people aren't bullied because they're so closeted (at least one who didn't kill himself when a Christian friend intervened was even willing to kill himself without telling his mother why rather than tell his mom that he was gay, because he felt--wrongly--that his mom would rather deal with a dead son than a gay son).

SolemnBoy Wrote:When it comes to gay kids who commit suicide because of bullying, I don't understand how people can still be homophobes. Don't they realize that they're part of the mentality that causes loads of young people to curse the world they were born in and finally leave it? :/

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. IIRC, it was Australia that a high school girl was driven to suicide after some nudie pix got out and even after she changed schools they hounded her over the internet, poisoned her new place, and when she killed herself some kids were said to have said "good."

OTOH, when middle-school Christians in America drove a Wiccan to suicide they showed genuine remorse, the really sad part was the school faculty (which witnessed & allowed the abuse in the first place, which the girl said in her diary and the repentant bullies confirmed) tried to work to make the bullies not feel bad as they thought it "did no good." BS, that's what remorse is for, to teach people not to do it again! Luckily, despite the vile faculty many bullies took a stand against future bullying and even helped the dead girl's mom in setting up an organization to help other bullied kids. Others who weren't bullies also got involved in the effort.

I think it's how kids are raised today they have it too easy and parents are too soft with them so they think people are supposed to be nice and make life easy for them. I was called names and had spit wads spit at me pencils jabbed through my hand if I held on the back of the bus seat, knocked down if it was muddy or icy and all but I knew better than to cry about it because crying just got my butt whipped by the closest adult. Maybe that was wrong too but at least I didn't want to kill myself over stupid stuff kids do and I learned to deal with people being mean because that's how people are.

Kids these days have a lot more going on then when we were children. They have way more schooling then I did when I was in school. That is a lot of stress. They have cyber bullying. Which is really bad, with the things the internet lets you do. Rumors go around a lot faster then in my time in school. So, psychologically they have a lot more going on. Parents are a huge factor, because of the bullys that come from bad parenting. It is not the child who took there life fault on the parenting. They don't want everything handed to them, they want to feel accepted in life. This is where parenting should step in. Teach your child that there is difference in the world and it is ok to be different and to also accept difference.

Yeah, Im really sick and tired of all these kids killing themselves and these bully/murderers get away with doing this to people.

Bullying isnt just a school thing. It happens in the workplace too. And just like in schools, people in power REFUSE to do anything about it.

I would love to do a music video on bullying....have the songs picked out and even the video in my head that I want done, and post it on YouTube.............but I dont have the money for such a project.

WHEN will bullies be tried as murderers and tormentors? WHEN will bullies be chained up and thrown into a hardcore prison for a week? Scare the living shit out of them, and they will NEVER be a bully again!

Im right there with you!!! This is something that is getting way out of hand! They need to do something about it! And I think your music video would teach a lot. I have been thinking of doing something also!!