Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continue the Story
In this thread we write a story together maybe even a book... Wink

We continue from where the previous poster wrote. Try to keep it relevant and dont write less than one phrase with minimum 10 words.

Tips:
-Normally we should start building the character of our main hero : Name, age , looks, where he is living, what does he do.
-Then we get to the story/plot.
-We then add other characters to the story.
When we add another character to the story who plays a role to the main hero's life remember to state at the beginning of your post: *new character: who is that character and what part he plays* . I will be updating this initial post to add the characters (name, age, role) so we dont get lost.

This should be fun!!!! :biggrin:

The Characters:

Devon: Our main hero.
Erick: Devon's boyfriend (they met 3 years ago in Edinburgh)
Rose: Erick's childhood friend

I start with :

It was Monday morning when the alarm start ringing . It was 7.00am and he had to do what he usually does every Monday.

-Monday bloody Monday, he said. The bed was to warm to get up....

Unfortunately he couldn't allow himself the pleasure of hitting the snooze button as he remembered somewhere in the back of his mind that something about today was a little different ...

... yes ... that's right - now that he brought the thought to the forefront of his mind, he had somebody coming into his office to see him today ...

But that would have to wait ... first thing's first - to the bathroom ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

As he drags himself out of bed across the cold harsh laminate floor he makes it into the modern ensuite, and almost zombie like reaches for his toothbrush and toothpaste, brushing away the taste in his mouth his movements are almost robotic, as he follows the usual monday routine, but this monday was different from any other monday, this would be the one which shaped up his life, changing from his usual dull life, into something he couldnt even imagine in his wildest dreams..
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Quote:It was Monday morning when the alarm start ringing . It was 7.00am and he had to do what he usually does every Monday.
Unfortunately he couldn't allow himself the pleasure of hitting the snooze button as he remembered somewhere in the back of his mind that something about today was a little different ...
... yes ... that's right - now that he brought the thought to the forefront of his mind, he had somebody coming into his office to see him today ...
As he drags himself out of bed across the cold harsh laminate floor he makes it into the modern ensuite, and almost zombie like reaches for his toothbrush and toothpaste, brushing away the taste in his mouth his movements are almost robotic, as he follows the usual monday routine, but this monday was different from any other monday, this would be the one which shaped up his life, changing from his usual dull life, into something he couldnt even imagine in his wildest dreams..

As he looked down at his white shirt and black tie, Devon peered into the small mirror hanging opposite him, which was glistening in the hazy sunlight seeping through the small obscured window. He glanced to his tie and pulled it into central alignment and removed a folded note from his pocket...

*New character: Devon's boyfriend Erick*

Devon read the note silently and put it back in his pocket. Devon glanced over at Erick, still tangled in the sheets of their bed. Devon leaned over and kissed Erick softly on his forhead. He wondered whether he should wake Erick from his peaceful slumber. He decided against it. Erick had been working all night long.

As Devon prepared to leave for work, he wrote Erick a little note. Sweetheart, he wrote. Enjoy your day off. After tonight, we'll go out to celebrate. Wish me luck. Yours Forever, Devon.

( Devon ! ) whispered sleepy Erik ...
but Davon had already gone .
after rolling in the bed many times , Erik stared at the clock . it was ten then ..
he had no plan for that day ,though Erik was worried .. it is not usual for him to wake up late ...
he even didn't gloat at the picture near the clock as he do every day. the picture was taken 3 years ago , one month after Devon and Erik first meeting in Edinburgh

*New Character: Erik's childhood friend Rose*

Erik grumbled as he pressed his face into his pillow, not sure if he truly wanted to get up and face the day. Letting out a deep breath and sitting there for a few moments before swinging his figure into an upright position. Blinking the sleepiness away, and grumbling something about the room being too bloody cold, he sauntered into the bathroom in the same zombie-like manner that his boyfriend displayed at these hours.

After completing the necessary routine of the morning, Erik spots the note that Devon left him. With a soft smile and a warm feeling in his chest, he folded up the note and put it into his pocket, Devon always knew how to keep Erik happy. With an encouraging growl from his stomach, Erik moved for the door so he could grab something to eat when the phone rang. Rolling his eyes and looking at the clock he muttered in a mixture of amusement and annoyance, "Rose... always on time..."

Picking up the phone Rose's somewhat high-pitched voice greeted him in the same way it had for the past 20 years, "HEEEEY! I'm bored! Let's go do something with our off day! C'mon, pleeeeeeease? I don't want to be without my best friend on such a beautiful day!"

This was Rose's usual tactic of getting Erik to tag along with whatever she needed, and to this day, the guilt trip had never failed. "Fine," he said with a sigh, "What do you want to do with me this time, Rosie?"

"The same thing we do every time, silly Erik, we are going to the arcade to play some games. And by games I mean Dance Dance Revolution." she chimed in as usual.

Erik couldn't help but roll his eyes. He had never been very good at the game, despite Rose's urging him to spend more time and get better at it. It wasn't that he was uncoordinated, rather he just thought it was kind of silly for him to make a complete laughingstock out of himself. However, he knew that no matter what his protests were, Rose would always find some way to drag him into it, and it was probably better to just get it over with. "Fine... meet me there in half an hour," Erik said flatly, then hung up as to not hear Rose's fit of giggling and cheering. He knew that he would be hearing it all day and it would be better to get a small reprieve from it, if only for a moment.

((^^; sorry if this is a bit long...))

Erick sighed and finally made it into the kitchen to grab himself a wake up brew, as he flicked the kettle on. He went to the cupboard and rustled up a bowl of cornflakes, only to find an earwig nest had set up home in his breakfast! A bit repulsed and put off by this Erick decided against breakfast, picked up his brown leather jacket, slung it over his shoulder and walked out on to the street, the fresh cold breeze blowing against his face. Who needs breakfast? For some reason traffic was backed up right along the street, not a single vehicle with its engine running. Erick notice quite a crowd was forming further down the street, as people were eagerly trying to find out what was going on...

Quote:Summary: Devon wakes up early in the morning to get ready for work. He find finds a note, reads it and fold it back to his pocket. Erick, Devon's boyfriend wakes up a few hours later as he was working late and gets the usual phone call from his childhood friend Rose. She convinces him to a day out enjoy their day off and the good weather.
It was Monday morning when the alarm start ringing . It was 7.00am and he had to do what he usually does every Monday.
As he drags himself out of bed across the cold harsh laminate floor he makes it into the modern ensuite, and almost zombie like reaches for his toothbrush and toothpaste, brushing away the taste in his mouth his movements are almost robotic, as he follows the usual monday routine, but this monday was different from any other monday, this would be the one which shaped up his life, changing from his usual dull life, into something he couldnt even imagine in his wildest dreams.. As he looked down at his white shirt and black tie, Devon peered into the small mirror hanging opposite him, which was glistening in the hazy sunlight seeping through the small obscured window. He glanced to his tie and pulled it into central alignment and removed a folded note from his pocket.
Devon read the note silently and put it back in his pocket. Devon glanced over at Erick, still tangled in the sheets of their bed. Devon leaned over and kissed Erick softly on his forehead. He wondered whether he should wake Erick from his peaceful slumber. He decided against it. Erick had been working all night long.

As Devon prepared to leave for work, he wrote Erick a little note. Sweetheart, he wrote. Enjoy your day off. After tonight, we'll go out to celebrate. Wish me luck. Yours Forever, Devon.

( Devon ! ) whispered sleepy Erik ... but Davon had already gone .
After rolling in the bed many times , Erik stared at the clock . it was ten then.
He had no plan for that day ,though Erik was worried .. it is not usual for him to wake up late ...
He even didn't gloat at the picture near the clock as he do every day. The picture was taken 3 years ago , one month after Devon and Erik first meeting in Edinburgh.
Erik grumbled as he pressed his face into his pillow, not sure if he truly wanted to get up and face the day. Letting out a deep breath and sitting there for a few moments before swinging his figure into an upright position. Blinking the sleepiness away, and grumbling something about the room being too bloody cold, he sauntered into the bathroom in the same zombie-like manner that his boyfriend displayed at these hours.

After completing the necessary routine of the morning, Erik spots the note that Devon left him. With a soft smile and a warm feeling in his chest, he folded up the note and put it into his pocket, Devon always knew how to keep Erik happy. With an encouraging growl from his stomach, Erik moved for the door so he could grab something to eat when the phone rang. Rolling his eyes and looking at the clock he muttered in a mixture of amusement and annoyance, "Rose... always on time..."

Picking up the phone Rose's somewhat high-pitched voice greeted him in the same way it had for the past 20 years, "HEEEEY! I'm bored! Let's go do something with our off day! C'mon, pleeeeeeease? I don't want to be without my best friend on such a beautiful day!"

This was Rose's usual tactic of getting Erik to tag along with whatever she needed, and to this day, the guilt trip had never failed. "Fine," he said with a sigh, "What do you want to do with me this time, Rosie?"

"The same thing we do every time, silly Erik, we are going to the arcade to play some games. And by games I mean Dance Dance Revolution." she chimed in as usual.

Erik couldn't help but roll his eyes. He had never been very good at the game, despite Rose's urging him to spend more time and get better at it. It wasn't that he was uncoordinated, rather he just thought it was kind of silly for him to make a complete laughingstock out of himself. However, he knew that no matter what his protests were, Rose would always find some way to drag him into it, and it was probably better to just get it over with. "Fine... meet me there in half an hour," Erik said flatly, then hung up as to not hear Rose's fit of giggling and cheering. He knew that he would be hearing it all day and it would be better to get a small reprieve from it, if only for a moment.

Erick sighed and finally made it into the kitchen to grab himself a wake up brew, as he flicked the kettle on. He went to the cupboard and rustled up a bowl of cornflakes, only to find an earwig nest had set up home in his breakfast! A bit repulsed and put off by this Erick decided against breakfast, picked up his brown leather jacket, slung it over his shoulder and walked out on to the street, the fresh cold breeze blowing against his face. Who needs breakfast? For some reason traffic was backed up right along the street, not a single vehicle with its engine running. Erick notice quite a crowd was forming further down the street, as people were eagerly trying to find out what was going on...