Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus (COVID-19)
@InbetweenDreams Up until the last couple days the "opinion" side of Fox has been carrying the anti-vax flag. Suddenly they did an about face and even people like Hannity are now encouraging people to get vaccinated. Perhaps coincidental that a Fox corporate memo mandating vaccinations for all employees recently went public. Others have speculated that republican polling is showing the anti-vax message losing support, which aligns with republican politicians like Steve Scalise suddenly getting vaccinated and doing PSAs in support of it. Either way it'll be a good thing if it breaks the vax bottleneck.

Re: the internet influence. In pre-internet days people went to backroom meetings with 25 like-minded folks or received newsletters to hear conspiracy theories, but then returned to their normal lives. Now they are able to bathe in this stuff 24 hours a day and have their beliefs reinforced in a way that was never possible before the internet came along.

Perhaps I'm cynical, but I believe that the Republicans are only pushing the vaccination movement now because they think if they don't, too many Republican voters may die, and it will affect their chances in elections.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Well I think we can say they're definitely saving face by encouraging vaccines... Frankly I just don't see how certain things have become political, it's crazy. I get the argument about not wanting to shut things down and such but then they hypocrites trying to blame Fauci for COVID? I mean did I not watch Rand Paul try to do that? Just blows my mind with these politicians, makes me think Kentucky just brought in a shady car salesman.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(07-22-2021, 05:28 AM)CellarDweller Wrote: Perhaps I'm cynical, but I believe that the Republicans are only pushing the vaccination movement now because they think if they don't, too many Republican voters may die, and it will affect their chances in elections.

Not cynical at all, which makes the situation all the more sad.

(07-22-2021, 11:00 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Well I think we can say they're definitely saving face by encouraging vaccines... Frankly I just don't see how certain things have become political, it's crazy. I get the argument about not wanting to shut things down and such but then they hypocrites trying to blame Fauci for COVID? I mean did I not watch Rand Paul try to do that? Just blows my mind with these politicians, makes me think Kentucky just brought in a shady car salesman.

It's as if they check they're brains at the door. When you look at the educational background of some of these people, it's impossible to believe they really mean what comes out of their mouths.

I have decided to live in my mask until it is over. Seriously. 

Fear of ending up in the ICU again with covid is all the encouragement I need.

IT has been over a year now and STILL I have long term problems - gotta talk to my doctor next week but do't think there is anything we can do about it. The good part now is that I am used to them - and I get to take alot of naps Big Grin Big Grin (I don't really have a choice but what the hell - a nap is a nap). 

I am even getting used to the brain fog thing - if you look hard enough or wait long enough there are always positives

@eastofeden You did get the vaccine or are they suggesting that you wait since you have had it? All I can say is that we're glad you've were able to recover and that you're still with us. I have had quite a few co-workers get it, one of which lost both grandparents and more recently an uncle, another co-worker was admitted to the hospital.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

@InbetweenDreams

I got the moderna 2 shot vaccine as soon as it was available and as soon as I can I want the booster. I have no problem with the vaccines.

My grandmother had polio so I know the value of a vaccine.
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

Pretty much the same here, I got it back in March, I was wondering when I would be able to get it but the health officials pulled some sort of strings... Just wished the local politicians were like that...
Check out my stuff!