Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could've told me before i decorated!!!!!!! Sods law
Hi All,
Well today almost added the icing on the cake for me... I have spent 10 days killing myself with manual labour decorating my home spending money i dont want to spend (but figured it could cheer me up after splitting with my ex) and just completed it when i noticed water appearing.... Looking a bit confused i thought my fridge freezer may be leaking so mopped it up and put on the Dehumidifier and my neighbour from behind knocked on my door to tell me what i really didnt want to know....

Her washing machine has exploded and water has flooded her kitchen which backs onto my dining room (plaster board wall between our flats) and its also spread to her bedroom (which backs onto my bedroom again plaster boarded wall) and i thought to myself... Why couldnt this of been noticed BEFORE i began decorating????????????? Now i have to wait a little while see what damage is caused and then chase her landlord for damages on the cost of repairing my home... Sometimes i think to myself You know what ill just sit here and cry as my relationship went out the window and now my home is going that way too... (or so it seems with all this expense)...

Well my mate is taking me out into town tonjight so hopefully it will do some good and ill be able to try to forget the problems til tomorrow lol

Kindest regards

Zeon x

That totally blows! Dx I really hope that everything works out for you!

This happened to em too haha (the water part). I moved alone adn i bought new furniture and stuff , been out for a drink to celebrate the new flat and when i camed back home ,i saw water coming out of my apartment , seemed a pipe has exploaded or i donno , all my stuff were in paper boxex they all got wet and the whole thing sucked... Hope you can solve it Tongue Anyway i must admit is tarted laughing whyen i oppened the door and saw all my stuff floating Laugh2

Sorry to hear that Zeon; that bites. Hopefully the landlord doesn't drag his feet on repairs. So what all did you change in the redecoration?

Oh Aunty .
Bighug

Sorry to hear that. The last time I finished decorating the silly ******* upstairs let the bath overflow. I was not a happy bunny! Rolleyes

does the up stairs flat have insurance?
or
covered through the building tenant agreement?

washing machine exploded
you really have to replace the water hoses every few years and or turn off the water at the wall. Just do nothing and this will happen for sure.

Hi all,
It was the flat behind because i live in a converted shop premises and the plumbing from upstairs is all over the flat behind... I got up this morning and felt like crying to be honest when i looked at it and it looks like a flood victim as its up the walls and i will contact her landlord once assessed the damage and get my home painted as i am going out my mind with damp and mould and cleared it... Now its returning for round 2...

Oh zeon! I hope you feel better! You're such a nice person and you do not deserve this! I hope today you wake up and someone just shows up and makes your day by saying something you really want to hear!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that aunty, do you have insurance? my aunts refrigerator busted and her insurance covered it so now she has her dream kitchen. this could lead to even more pointless decorating YAAAAYYY!!Wink
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]