Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating Older Men ...
I guess i was just doubting myself as usual ... i spent the weekend with him we had a great time. I no longer need any advice. Are relationship is going to continue.

Xyxthumbs

So ... the perfect catch turned out to be a snag but im not sure whats going on ? he started to act really serious but never removed his profile from the dating site we have used to interact one. I message him using some one elses profile made something up that i was going to be in town for a week or so and i would like to meet for dinner and drinks. that was only dinner and drinks nothing else. What should i do and am i just as bad for doing this ? im so confused.

Everyone plays games. We know things are getting serious when we are prepared to let down our guard and expose the real person.

can you elaborate on that ?

I have generally been a fairly private person. I didn't realise this until I met and fell in love with my present partner and began to realise how much more open I can be with him than with anyone else I've ever known. We both appreciate that we have a serious(ly good) relationship. I've allowed him to know me better than anyone else ever has (including my ex - and we were in a relationship for thirty years).

Yes, you're a bad boy, Curt, but we all like bad boys don't we? Problem is bad boys are OK for a one-night stand but not much more. If you are serious about this guy, it's time to level with him. Ask him why his profile is still on the dating site. Tell him you want a serious relationship and that you're a bit jealous. I think you should tell him that you've been a bad boy too and let him choose the punishment! I think there is sometimes a period in a new relationship when you haven't yet committed fully to the relationship, though you are thinking that you probably will. During this period it's OK to leave other options open until you feel sure about committing. How long have you two been seeing one another? The only problem I see here (from what you say) is that you still have to build up the trust that will make you feel secure together and that will take time. You haven't given us any evidence that he has been a bad boy yet.

Age makes no difference as far as I am concerned. I am 27 and been seeing my man Colin, who is 45 for 4 years now. We are totally in love and the age thing has never been an issue.

Hey thanks for the input. I was honest with him and upfront and told him how i felt and we talked about it and i spent the weekend with him and took him out for lunch for his birthday as well as other things ; ) Its great but hes really stuck on the age thing i wish he would just forget that I am twenty one and stop putting up a barrier.

21 and 36 aren't that far apart. The way I've always looked at it is: If you're going to be in a nursing home with about 15 years of each other then it's fine. So that's just a 15 yr difference. When he's 96 you'll be 81 and both be in a nursing home (maybe not a nursing home but age old).

I often heard someone say that you divide the age in half and add 7 and if they fall within that then it's okay. so 36/2 18 then you add 7, okay so according to that rule, the youngest he should be dating is 25 but that's still not bad.
As long as you're both happy. Tell him not to focus the relationship around age because you don't want that to be the center of it.