Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depressed, frustrated and hopeless, need moral support
Hi all, Urgent moral support and advice needed. I am from dubai and been studying in Perth Australia from last 3 yrs. I realized about me being gay when i was 19 yo, and I decided to come here for studies, so that I can live the way i want because both my parents are very religious and homosexuality is unacceptable in islamic religion. I told my parents that I want to study abroad , and they agreed and i came here. I was so happy and i had a blast when i came here. It was so wonderful that I was not in conservative culture anymore. Few months later when I came here, i started meeting a guy and found that we had a great connection among us. We started to develop serious relationship and moved together. But unfortunately after 2 yrs relationship, I broke up with him because he'd been using drugs and there was a significant change in his behavior. I tried my best to get him away from drugs, but it didn't work. It was hard for me, but it got worse as he was angry and he told my parents and many other family members and friends that I am gay.
I was devastated when my dad called me about it. My entire family stopped talking to me and my parents stopped supporting me financially. Being an overseas student, I was paying 14000 AUD every 6 months, which without any support from anybody, was very difficult for me.
Breakup with my boyfriend and family, studies, financial pressure. It was too much for me. I started getting depressed. I couldn't concentrate on anything, I didn't want to go to university or work or outside, i used to keep myself locked in the room. As a result, I couldn't perform in my studies and my attendance record went poor.
And then i couldn't pay my school fee as well as i was just keeping myself in my room.
So in the end, due to my poor performance and attendance at university , and the non payment of fees, my visa got cancelled. It means that I had to go back to my country where everyone was hating me because of me being gay. I made an appeal to Australian immigration to review their decision on my visa.
So now I am waiting for their decision. If they decide to send me back , I might end up in prison for long time. I will be victimized and most probably going back can be fatal for me. I am already suffering from stress and depression, and I am sure if decision comes against me, i will find taking my life easier than going back.
I need your support. I want to know if there are any organizations (specially in Australia), that work for the lgbtq rights and that can help me in any way. Even moral support would be much appreciated. Thanks