Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperately need advice
confusedx Wrote:Thank you all for your insight. I will agree with several of you in that putting a label on sexuality is not the way to go.

I am actually meeting up with him for drinks on Saturday night and was going to try to bring up this topic then. Should I have my female friend speak with him about it instead? I think it may be awkward for me to straight up ask about his sexuality if he's been in the closet and has been hiding that secret from me for so long. I'm afraid that if I ask him myself he may start avoiding me or something.

I don't know exactly how he feels about homosexuality but I believe he is accepting. I know that he is friends with at least one gay man (coworker).

Rosie, I apologize for my choice of words. By homosexual agenda I meant gay rights issues and things like that. Sorry for the confusion.

Zeon, thanks for letting me know about homosexual Christians. It always seemed like religion and the gay agenda were at odds with each other so that's enlightening. Personally I'm more of the 'I go to church because it's a social gathering and I like those' sort of person but if my friend does turn out to be gay, this will be some very welcome news.

Hi again, bringing a third party into this could really add undue complications to the entire thing. I dont know your friends, so your going to have to be the one that decides if that is a good idea or not, but I know that discussing my liking men infront of women when I was younger didnt exactly ease my nerves. I realize that this is probably an uncomfortable situation for you but I honestly think that this is something you probably need to handel up on yourself. I also think that it is going to go a lot better for you than you may imagine (lol or as exactly as well as you may imagin). Keeping this between the parties involved leads to a trust building situation no matter what the out come. "Marsha thinks your gay." just leads to a defensive posture and a sense of betrayal in my opinion.
Again, best of luck! Dont forget about us on the forum! Let us know how it goes!
Sincerely,
Beaux