Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling defeated.
i went to bad schools and grammar is a problem. plus, i rush at these things.

if 2 people have a problem with this then i guess its me.

Jake Wrote:And thank you for thinking I'm smart... Honestly, you could have found me to be an idiot I wouldn't care... But if you take offense at someone giving you tips to make sure your point got across in a better way, well might want to relax and smell the roses a bit... There was no cat fish fight to be had... Be the cat, eat the fish and enjoy it. But I don't see where there would be any bad argumentation here, unless you start one which would be useless even though I wouldn't leave today I would have let you win.

Cheers!

...... ok.

I'm going shopping

danvotion86 Wrote:Feeling a bit defeated . Just got out of a rough and abusive relationship. Had to move back in with my parents. Currently looking for work with no success. Even after three months. Met a guy who is now my bf. When we do hang out he never really lets me in, and it always just feels like he is more interested int he physical aspect of our relationship. Today he said he wants to hang out. He's at his friends place, I sent him a text asking him when he may be by. He says ill let you know when i'm on my way. It's an Hour later no word. And hes hanging at a best friends house. I am feeling very defeated, lonely. I feel like no one really wants to be around me. Is it me? Am I crazy. How do I get over this feeling?

Like you say, you've just come out of a rough patch, with the split from the last boyfriend and then the upheaval of moving back in with the folks and looking for work. All this has had a cumulative effect on you emotionally and you need time to readjust to your current situation.
I don't really know your situation other than what you've written, I just get the feeling you may have plunged in to your current relationship without giving yourself much breathing space and neglecting your own well-being, and maybe he's giving you that space and not realising he's upsetting you?

I would just have a chat with him about how you are feeling when he catches up with you. It's best to be open with your feelings rather than bottling them up.

Hope things work out for you.
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Too fast.

That's what I get out of your post [MENTION=22002]danvotion86[/MENTION] .... WAY too fast.

You bounced too quickly from an abusive relationship right into another relationship, which with the kind of disregard the man is showing? Sounds like it very well may turn out to be abusive as well.

You need to take some time. Some time for yourself. To find what you're good at. To find and develop pride in yourself, the kind of pride that will make it difficult for those wanting to subjugate you to do so.

At the same time, you can work on your situation. Ie: Find a job, then a place to live. Learn to be self sufficient, not just economically but emotionally as well.

It takes time to get over abuse. Bouncing into a new relationship won't help you do it.

Hey everyone so I did find a job. Panda Express.. At least its a start. I am also doing toys for tots with my stepdad tomorrow. I hope this makes me feel a little better.

danvotion86 Wrote:Hey everyone so I did find a job. Panda Express.. At least its a start. I am also doing toys for tots with my stepdad tomorrow. I hope this makes me feel a little better.

Doing for others can often make you feel better, it's very generous of you to give up your time to help kids who would otherwise go without this holiday season.

Take a break from dating, let yourself heal, learn to enjoy being by yourself, continue to donate your time for others. Don't take calls from your 'friend', he doesn't have your best welfare in his heart.

After some time, you'll know when it's time to date again.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Well hes suppose to come over tonight. I texted him and asked if we could talk? He asked if i was busy later he can come over and talk in person. I take this as a good sign. Getting to know him better doesn't sound bad.

I really want to find out what we have in common. So far I haven't noticed one thing we have in common.

danvotion86 Wrote:Well hes suppose to come over tonight. I texted him and asked if we could talk? He asked if i was busy later he can come over and talk in person. I take this as a good sign. Getting to know him better doesn't sound bad.

I really want to find out what we have in common. So far I haven't noticed one thing we have in common.

He's getting everything he wants on his terms, knowing you are just a text away.

You can do much better. Realize that when you are single, that doesn't make you worthless.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hey everyone, So he stayed over and after asking him if he could open up a bit about himself, he did. It was nice and he picked out a movie to watch. Which was brokeback mountain. We watched it and cuddled.

He is 18 and just came out last month. To his friends not his family. This was after asking him to introduce me to his friends which I did meet a few.

One of his friends came out to him about something in front of me. I got it instantly what he was trying to say. My bf on the other hand laughed and didn't get the fact that his best guy friend was born a female.

Me him and his best friend are supposed to rent a house together. He says if things dont work out with us dating then we would just be friends. He's a good friend he does get me anything I need and he's always there to listen to me talk.

I have to give him a chance since this is the first relationship hes been in and I took his virginity. He opened up to me that hes never had sex with a girl either (he's bi).
He deleted Grindr too.

Things are turning around. I just gotta get over thinking im a loser and everyone is lying to me. It's a lifetime of fear. How do get over feeling like that? Anyone have any tips?

You're not a loser.

Lying.... Well truth is everyone lies to you and that includes yourself too. It happens all the time. But not in mean spiteful ways (usually) just the way the human critter operates.

Deleting Grind'r is a good step toward something....

Good luck or as they say in show business break a leg.