Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feminism and hatred towards feminism
I see, it was almost so radical that it forced people to admit at least part of it, it wasn't asking or bargaining it was "this is it" the parody of it was show of force and will, like " do you think I will back down on the right for this lady to wear trousers to work, when I've just said men are giant chimps"

When asked why she had shot Andy Warhol (this was after smiling for cameras) she said - "I have a lot of very involved reasons, read my manifesto, it will tell you who i am"

partisan Wrote:Orphanpip heres one - Valarie solonas wrote the feminist manifesto - scum (society for cutting up men )

Then shot andy warhol, who later forgave her - she wasnt sorry.

The only thing I wanted to add to what OrphanPip said is that it wasn't THE manifesto, it was A manifesto of a mentally ill woman, and it does NOT represent mainstream feminism.

Granted, I have met a handful of feminists that admire the SCUM Manifesto and they disturb me, and I've also seen it posted online with a lot of praise from a "women's studies" group that didn't want to put it any sort of context (the implications being they endorsed it as is).

I will add that after hearing what women in the late 60s/early 70s were enduring I think I'd have been burning a bra, too. Their anger was justified, and being loud was the only way anyone was going to listen to them instead of dismissing them.

Pix Wrote:The only thing I wanted to add to what OrphanPip said is that it wasn't THE manifesto, it was A manifesto of a mentally ill woman, and it does NOT represent mainstream feminism.

Granted, I have met a handful of feminists that admire the SCUM Manifesto and they disturb me, and I've also seen it posted online with a lot of praise from a "women's studies" group that didn't want to put it any sort of context (the implications being they endorsed it as is).

Pix, I said "the manifesto scum" your point of me saying "the" not "A" doesnt stand up, because i followed it by the name i.e "the manifesto scum" i wasnt implying it was "the feminist manifesto" i just named one coz orphanpip asked, and i like his opinion. Im not saying feminism is a bad thing but just is sometimes, as you and others have said.

There's only hate towards feminism because of these radicals that claim to be feminist doing reckless stuff, and of course media likes to latch on the horrors of the world to scare the ignorant like anything else. As educated citizens of the world, we need to inform ourselves of these topics. Bottom line is if misogyny, sexism, and gender inequality in general puts a bad taste in your mouth and you plan on acting upon this feeling than you are a feminist. I am a feminist, that obviously dont burn bras nor do I hate men in fact I'm near to worshipping them (lol). Anyone, gay, straight, bisexual, transgendered, cisgendered, man, woman can be a feminist.

I dont hate feminism, but i just find it annoying. Especially in men. Id never date a feminist man in this modern age as i find it irrelevant.

partisan Wrote:I dont hate feminism, but i just find it annoying. Especially in men. Id never date a feminist man in this modern age as i find it irrelevant.

How do you define feminism?

partisan Wrote:I dont hate feminism, but i just find it annoying. Especially in men. Id never date a feminist man in this modern age as i find it irrelevant.

so , you don't believe that men and women deserve equal rights ?

that's what feminism is. equality between men and women .
someone who calls him/herself a feminist who believes that one gender is better than the other is not a feminist .

it definitely isn't irrelevant . women are still paid less than men on average , and there is still a ton of sexism in the world . i've been treated like total crap for a large part of my life just for being female , so i can say from first hand experience that the idea that feminism is irrelevant is completely bullshit.

misandry (hatred of men or belief that men are less than women) and feminism are not in any way whatsoever mutually exclusive terms .

i am a feminist because i believe that discriminating anyone because of their gender is wrong . men and women should be considered equal . but they aren't in many many places (including first world countries . this isn't a third world problem.) and so feminism is extremely important .