Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fetish Crisis
First off, I'm new here so I'm going to say hello to everyone... Hi Wavey

So here's my problem... well, not sure if it's necessarily a problem, but here's my situation. I have a foot/shoe fetish. I really enjoy buying shoes when I see some that catch my eye. I probably have over 200 pairs at the moment. I know that's way way too many, but I can't help it... I really like them. I know I need to cut down, and it's creating a tension point between me and my boyfriend. He doesn't seem to understand where I'm coming from... which I guess makes sense because he doesn't share my "interest".

I'm literally running out of room for all my shoes and I really hate the mess and disorganization they all create. Yet I still see pairs in stores and I really want to buy them. I would just do a clean sweep and give all my shoes away, but it makes me sick to think that I've spent all the money on them and I'd basically just be throwing it all away.

What can/should I do? Does anyone else understand where I'm coming from or has anyone else been through a situation like this?

If you need to get rid of them without "throwing them away" you could always donate them. It might seem surprising but there are loads of organizations that accept donations like that for orphanages etc.

Also, I didn't know there was such a thing as a shoe fetish. I learned something today! c:

Like I said... he suggested I do that, but I hate the fact that I'd be giving them all away after I spent so much money buying them all really upsets me.

Yeah, from what I've heard, feet/shoe fetishes are among the most common type of fetish.

If you're in the right area for it and you have the time and space for it there is the option of having a garage sale.

I thought about that, but I live in a town home complex and there's not really the ability to have a garage sale.

Shoe fetish is one thing, compulsively buying shoes is a compulsion/addictive type behavior. If you are a compulsive shopper when it comes to shoes, seek professional help.

If these are decent shoes, or 'collectables' you might want to seriously consider getting those plastic shoe boxes, acid free paper and going full out with being a collector who preserves those shoes. Maybe catalog and write down a card or three of interesting facts about the shoe, manufacturer, year of make, whatever is important for collectors to know. Then stack the boxes somewhere a closet, a spare room.

I'm afraid to admit it might be more of a compulsive thing. My boyfriend has called me a hoarder on several occasions. Not a hoarder about anything else, just shoes.

It really hurts my feelings to know that he thinks of me that way, hence why I'm here trying to figure out a way to change.

Sell them on Ebay or something, if they are causing a problem does need to be solved. may be a fetish but they are just shoes at the end of the day, something that shoudlnt be stressful

I've sold a lot on ebay already... but I've got so many, it feels like it'll take forever to get through them... plus there are ones that I don't want to part with.

Try craigslist, too.