Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding "him" (or "her")
MisterTinkles Wrote:Too many people believe that relationships/romance/love is an instant item, just waiting for them to pull it out of thin air or the internet.

They find someone that physically pleases them, and then finds out they have nothing in common, so they "throw them away" and grab another. These types of people are never happy, never concerned with anyone else s needs but their own. And as long as whoever the poor sap is they are with is not instantly making THEM happy, they will get rid of them and get another.

People are NOT instant, nor are they living next door to you for your convenience.

It is YOUR job to get yourself out there and get to know people, not theirs. After all, you never know who you are going to meet. You could be passing up your best friend in all the world, or ignoring the perfect person for you, all because you are expecting everything to come to you while you hide in your little world.

Whatever it is you want in your life............It ain't gonna happen if YOU don't work at it!!!

HerzHerzHerzHerzHerzHerz
HerzHerzHerzHerzHerzHerzHerz

In some extends, I agree with what you say here.
Obviously, people have to find out what they really want, what are their priorities and change things that are less their priority.

My impressions : people are spoilt by new tech. I mean since it's easy to hook up on the net, to "be" gay online, to find others gays. I think people are jaded with all of that.
Then, they want everything, but are not able anymore to make sacrifice for their choice. Then they just take half of each priorities and are not able to have the life they expect since they expect the impossible.
I must admit I include myself in those people, so it's not really a criticism.

But what annoys me, is that people accuse dating sites, the gay community, the world around beside themselves although they have their part of responsibilities.

In that extend, do whatever you want of your life but please cast doubts on your behaviour and things could get better after.

It's not a generality obviously, but I think people should give a thought to that.

This thread sounds crotchety.

You're right hun