Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First date - and knowing I'm not the best looking guy
BellyNel Wrote:I am feeling lonely ... How do I go about finding that FIRST guy to date? One who will accept me appearances first?\

there should not be pressure to have a date. you still are the same great person as a single guy. boy friends will never define you.

BellyNel Wrote:How do I go about finding that FIRST guy to date? \

meet him online, i like okcupid.com and you live in ny city!

BellyNel Wrote:One who will accept my appearances first?\

dont date guys that dont look like yourself.

well---ANYWAY, besides the post on top of me---- you take them bowling DUH. or to something plain and simple, like going to a LOCAL diner, or a average restaurant like applebees or perkins. a simple excursion for a simple relationship. chinese buffets work too ;p dont spend the whole day, if you limit your date to like 1-2 maybe even 3 hours. you will force talk to happen due to lack of time. which will get more done than spending a day together. short doses- big talk.

BellyNel Wrote:I am feeling lonely. I'm not out to the world except for coworkers. People suspect.

Long story short. I know I'm not the best looking guy out there. I don't dare ask coworkers to hook me up since... well, it's gonna be awkward.

But I'm not a horrible person. Honestly I'm not! I'm chatty once I get to know you. I would have no idea where to go on our first date, but open to ideas.

How do I go about finding that FIRST guy to date? One who will accept me appearances first? I'm honestly SCARED to date.

Advice for a VERY VERY first timer?

To be honest its not about looks coz your going to think that about yourself, but others say that your good looking and i dont think it matters if you ask your work friends etc for a date if you like that. Confusedmile:
As for the first date depends on yourself and the guy your going on dates with in what you both like doing, but you can always just ask him what sorta stuff he looks and get some sort of idea where to go for a date.
I think your just scared and worrying more about what you look like everyone is different and plus its also about how you are on the date together when you find a guy, but dont use dating sites.

well to go on a first date must meen you have talked first at least ,, we usually chat about things we like or do ! try n get some hints from that , if their into Mcdonalds even then just sugest that as a first time get together .... if he likes a certain style of movie then try that ,,just dont fake it with a fancy restaraunt if thats not you - be yourself n just ask him he cares to join you

Whats wrong with good old fashion go with the flow???? Ask on a date where you both want to go instead of just one person dictating where to go.... Ontop of that be yourself sod the looks its inside u wanna give to them not the outside thats a shell lol

Kindest regards

zeon x

Go for coffee then if it goes well then go for a walk.
Or if BOTH of you are into sport then try ice skating or swimming.
Reason?
Sweat free.

On a first official date, go out for a light dinner, or even better have them over for a dinner you prepare so that you can both drink alcohol and not care about drunk driving. It would help getting past those first moments of inhibition Big Grin

I still think that coffee is the best option! Wink

I do too, but then I'm a hopeless romantic. Don't like to be kissed by sloppy drunks or wooed by a buzz so to speak. Confusedmile:

My personal experience, albeit limited has been that 'relationship material' is not found in bars, dance clubs and other venues where its all about 'the hook up'.

I found men at work.. well actually he found me - long story. At AA/NA meetings, at the library, at the coffee shop and at social gatherings like parties hosted by mutual friends.

Instead of focusing on the 'gay' aspect, look at your life and consider other things. Do you read? Is there a book club for mixed singles (gay/bi/straight, etc) in your area?

Do you camp? If so is there a camping clubs/organization that you can join?

What are your other interests? List them and see out like minded clubs and social groups where you can network (expand you friend base) and have a higher risk of meeting someone.

This way you two will have at least one common interest (besides dating men).