Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First ever date advice
Hello everyone!
I've just turned 17 and I'm having my first ever date with a boy I met online in just a few days. We've been writing to each other quite a bit and I like him. We're planning on going to the cinema but I'm really scared of the infamous "awkward silence". What if we don't talk? What if he doesn't like me? I'm kind of freaking out now, because I've been waiting for this moment for so many years and I don't want to mess it up Sad

I notice you are from Italy and you mentioned going to a cinema on your first date it reminded me of the old Italian movie called Cinema Paradiso where boys masturbate during the movie.
You aren't going to be doing that at the movies, are you? Haha

Good luck, you will be fine. We all have learn to make conversation by actually doing it. Just don't get too work up about it. Let us know how it goes.

Kiddolioable Wrote:Hello everyone!
I've just turned 17 and I'm having my first ever date with a boy I met online in just a few days. We've been writing to each other quite a bit and I like him. We're planning on going to the cinema but I'm really scared of the infamous "awkward silence". What if we don't talk? What if he doesn't like me? I'm kind of freaking out now, because I've been waiting for this moment for so many years and I don't want to mess it up Sad

You shouldn't even be worried about whether he will like you or not. The point is to just be yourself. If he does not like you, then you are better off with someone else. I just hope you two will have a blast!

What if we don't talk? What if he doesn't like me? Now perhaps if you stop asking these questions, you will be fine. Relax, dude, you'll be fine. I mean, truth be told, relationships aren't set in stone so whether it lasts depends. There is no guarantee that he will like you and there is also no guarantee whether he will reciprocate.

Kiddolioable Wrote:Hello everyone!
It's pretty normal to feel both anxious and excited about meeting someone for the first time. If you over think it you'll just make yourself a nervous wreck! No point in doing that Wink In fact, that would be THE best way to screw it up! Take some deep breaths. Appreciate how nervous and excited you are but don't think too much about it. Try to relax and enjoy yourself and your new friend. If it doesn't work out, oh well! At least you got out there and had your first date!! Better than staying home doing the same old boring stuff, right? Also... keep in mind he's probably just as nervous and excited about it as you are! Wavey When you meet, do whatever you can to put him at ease. Do the same for yourself and all will be just fine.

My dating advice is to INSIST he use a condom (even if it's a deal breaker for him or he -swears- that he's clean), and make sure you use one yourself. You're too young to end up catching something you have to deal with for the rest of your life. It may be too early in your dating scheme to get into it, but you never know, so be prepared, man.

Be prepared.

The other advice above is also excellent.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:My dating advice is to INSIST he use a condom (even if it's a deal breaker for him or he -swears- that he's clean), and make sure you use one yourself. You're too young to end up catching something you have to deal with for the rest of your life. It may be too early in your dating scheme to get into it, but you never know, so be prepared, man.

Be prepared.

The other advice above is also excellent.

Oh goodness, I'll never allow myself to lose my virginity with someone I'm going to see for the first time and on our first date hahahaha, thank you for the tip though Smile

Thank you for the replies everyone, I'll take them all into consideration. Also, should I hug him or just simply say hi when we meet? :o

Since you've been talking with him online, then it should be easy to talk in person too. If it makes you any more comfortable, just have some ideas on what to talk about. Open ended questions are great to get conversation going. Things like, what are your hobbies? What's your family like? Tell me about the best trip you ever took? Stay away from yes or no questions, because that doesn't lead to much talking.

Maybe better to save a hug for the end of the date and not at first greeting.

It's fine to be a little nervous at first meeting. You'll do fine. It's also okay if there's no spark. You guys could turn out just to be friends. That's okay too.

Since you have been writing to him for some time, you know what topics you talk about most and which ones interest you and which ones make you laugh. Just continue your conversation in person along the same lines. No need for anything too serious, keep it light and fun.

Before you meet him in person...
How about a friendly Skype conversation?

Have you tried that?
And ...
Listen to Mike W..

No point getting nervous.