Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time here, it's a difficult one.
I have had a good friend that we have had a basically sexual relationship for a little while. I ended up falling for him, and he says he does not like me back. At the time we started, we were each virgins. He ended up messing around with some guys, and I want to break it off after he had an HIV scare, but I think I still love him. He told me he doesn't love me now, but he may in the future. Should I wait for him?

you can wait for him, but there will be a time were you can't wait for him and just move on your life unless you can win his heart.

Its up to how you feel; he slept around with other guys so I dont see that as a good sign. Anyways, its up to you. If you truly feel you love him, then wait for him, but don't spend too long. Sometimes its easier to let go than wait, but its truly up to you.

This does not sound like the basis for a serious long-term loving relationship. I would have an amicable split, each of you do your own thing for a couple of years (or so), then try again. Stay friends though.

For my opinion you should not wait for him .... it is your time, it is your life.... and don´t waste your time and life with waiting for someone who says that he don´t love you today... but maybe tomorrow or later. There are guys outside who would love you immediately... not maybe, not sometimes... etc.
This maybe-sometimes-guy is not worth your love....

well, personally, i think if you really love someone, HIV or any kind of disease should never be a reason to leave your loved one behind. in fact, it should strenghten your love towards the guy. unless your in it only for sex, that's a different story. and if it were true that your loved one is struggling with HIV, leaving him is not the best solution... and besides, relationships doesn't necessarily mean you'll have sex everyday or you'll have sex, period. right?

i don't exactly want to break it off because of the HIV, but it's more of the feeling of what he did. The HIV scare is more of an awakening that this is starting to cause problems. I told him I want to help him through the difficult times, but I can't continue doing things the same way with the way he's been acting.
He's really my first love also, which makes it so hard for me to let go, or even tell him no in any situation.

It's like i'm between a rock and a hard place :confused:

Change is always worse when we're trying to think about whether we can go through with it. First loves are always precious. Nothing will ever stop him being special in that regard.

Should you wait? Why ... just in case? You could get hit by a bus tomorrow and, if you can't have your relationship now, what would have been the point of waiting? Don't forget that as we grow older we also change. By all means stay on good terms, but get on with the rest of your life. We're not here that long.

Best wishes.

I just spent hours staring into space thinking how I can get enough courage to do this. I just found out he's been going to all of these hookup websites. Out of all of them craigslist. It's really too much for me. It's been going on so long, I'm scared enough to where I am going to get tested.

First of all, he only considers you as a best friend.
Second, he and you have never been dating. So don't bull shit like he treated on you.
Third, he hates drama.
Fourth, he really wants to be your best friend.
Fifth, he have always played safe for your sake.

Thanks.