Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flirting anyone???
Ok so I find this totally embarrassing btw. But I don't think it'll get a better idea all by myself. How do you flirt? What is flirting? I really wouldn't know if a guy was throwing himself at or not. And as you can imagine it makes expressing my interest in guys very difficult.
I asked a few friends and the general consensus was that it has something to do with eye contact...but I make eye contact with most people I pass on the street or the people that catch me judging them from across the room. I've been racking my brain over this for weeks now. Please help me!:biggrin:

There is no secret to flirting I dont think , just be yourself and dont come accross as desperate. People will be attracted to who you are rather than what you say alone. Work on your own confidence , love and value yourself and this will come accross to others . Body language speaks far louder than words , give good eye contact and smile , you could start just by smiling at a guy you like and this may be enough for him to come and talk to you , relax , de tense yourself and have fun. Guys are more attracted to confident people , nothing worse than someone who is desperate for love, insecure , possessive or jelous
Be worldly wise though , there are guys out there that will tell you anything to get what they want from you , then when they have it you never hear from them again .

Flirting is recognizable by the little hints that words contain - not like you'd speak to someone who's just a friend or who you want to be friends with (just friends). Conversations don;t go directly into some kind of everyday problems, politics or global warming. Even if they do, there are those little jokes and insinuations. Compliments as well. If the flirt is open and obvious, then like every word says "I want to know more about you", "I want to be very close to you" and, most of all, "I like you".
I agree with Gareth - he said everything else. :]

I am a shallow man with a rich fantasy life. I imagine that all men are flirting with me and am genuinely shocked when someone says something like, "How come you didn't respond when that woman was all over you?" It doesn't register at all.

Eyes and smiles, yes, it sounds like a good place to start. Don't be embarrassed, young padawan. The way will become clear in time Wink