Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Bible tells me so
LateBloomer Wrote:It's called a "figure of speech."

Context is everything.

Yes...context is everything and you do exactly the thing you criticize in others which is actually full circle for me because it is the reason I avoid religion. They do not practice what they preach. Do as I say...not as I do.

East Wrote:Yes...context is everything and you do exactly the thing you criticize in others which is actually full circle for me because it is the reason I avoid religion. They do not practice what they preach. Do as I say...not as I do.

No shit.

The "hypocrite" is a perennial feature of Christianity. Why are people still so surprised by this? This is why I don't preach. I'm secure in my faith; my sexuality; my intelligence. I have NOTHING to prove.

Brief tangent:.....

The other day I was at the gym. The weight room is lined with mirrors. I was thinking the mirrors are like "religion" or "faith" or whatever you wanna call it.

The mirrors have a purpose. They are there so the subject can check his form and motion. They provide a opportunity to reflect back the true image of the person seeking the correct form and motion.

Most guys just pose in the mirror. Or they flex. They admire the image they see while never using the mirror as it's intended.

Don't blame the mirror if the subject isn't using it to gain the proper perspective.

LateBloomer Wrote:... What does Constantine have to do with, say, MUSLIM discrimination towards homosexuality?
Could it be the gay community is JUST AS guilty of jumping to conclusions and making leaps of faith that involve some pretty fragile logic.

no leap of faith necessary
Christians are not supportive of the gay agenda.

pardon i posted in the wrong thread
the thread is "For the Bible tells me so"
or
"For the Koran tells me so"

My point is simple...this is a gay forum. Many people here have defended religion and the church the same as you do. So where do you as an individual get this "gay community as one entity" BS? Mirrors really ARE quite helpful...think about it.

pellaz Wrote:no leap of faith necessary
Christians are not supportive of the gay agenda.

pardon i posted in the wrong thread
the thread is "For the Bible tells me so"
or
"For the Koran tells me so"

You're right, *some* Christians are NOT. But that's not the whole story. If you wanna just bitch about things, fine, we'll just leave it at that.

But if you're really interested in why the larger community is "not supportive of the gay agenda" perhaps you might like to broaden your perspective.

East Wrote:My point is simple...this is a gay forum. Many people here have defended religion and the church the same as you do. So where do you as an individual get this "gay community as one entity" BS? Mirrors really ARE quite helpful...think about it.

I've spent more time "reflecting" than you can imagine.

Just my impression, but I've never belonged to a forum with so much anger towards Christianity in general, Catholicism in particular.

And look, I GET IT! I was raised in the Church, left it, came back. Nobody can level a more scathing criticism of the Church than I! But it's not all stake burnings and crusades.

I guess you'll just have to take my word on that last point. We see what we wanna see.

LateBloomer Wrote:The "hypocrite" ... I'm secure in my sexuality

Catholics will accept the closeted image of me. A gay can only attend church as a hypocrite.
-plant that big gay kiss on your partner up front the so your congregation can see ... no.
-lets hold hands, me and the boy friend in church as they ask me to leave.

i have a partner, friends and a life that i live as a gay man.

LateBloomer Wrote:The "hypocrite" ... I'm secure in my faith
everyone has their belief system, i can pick any one of a thousand junk religions.

Just my impression, but I've never belonged to a forum with so much anger towards Christianity in general, Catholicism in particular.

...hmmm...and where do you think this anger comes from?

Actually this is the only gay forum I have seen where the majority of people who post on the topic defend religion and Christianity...especially Catholics. I think there were only three of us who even had a problem with Catholics and religion...the majority of people agreed with YOU. Do you have a problem when someone disagrees with you?

pellaz Wrote:Catholics will accept the closeted image of me. A gay can only attend church as a hypocrite.
-plant that big gay kiss on your partner up front the so your congregation can see ... no.
-lets hold hands, me and the boy friend in church as they ask me to leave.

i have a partner, friends and a life that i live as a gay man.

everyone has their belief system, i can pick any one of a thousand junk religions.

I see the problem now. You don't understand what it really means to be a hypocrite.

Let me explain it to you.

A hypocrite is someone who applies all the rules to others but conveniently makes excuses for himself when violating the same said rules.

See? I don't "preach" against homosexuality. Others do, and then have gay sex. THEY are hypocrites.

East Wrote:Just my impression, but I've never belonged to a forum with so much anger towards Christianity in general, Catholicism in particular.

...hmmm...and where do you think this anger comes from?

Actually this is the only gay forum I have seen where the majority of people who post on the topic defend religion and Christianity...especially Catholics. I think there were only three of us who even had a problem with Catholics and religion...the majority of people agreed with YOU. Do you have a problem when someone disagrees with you?

Where does the anger come from?

I ALREADY TOLD YOU! I GET IT!

Are you not reading my words or are you just being argumentative.

Do I have a problem with disagreement? No! I have a problem with being MISUNDERSTOOD or having my words TWISTED.