Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found in my backyard
CCRox Wrote:Oh yes, I can see you grinning slyly as I type WILD MAN! *bug eyed* O. M. G. It's only a couple sets of spider fangs in a little ole decade....that's all. LOL Hmmmm I heard you should not drop them as they are quite easily ruptured, so I hope he's in the wild part that gets little yard work! And just think of the motley crew you just turned loose on your yard! No wonder the poor feller climbed up in a wheel well! (looked like a wheel well).

Oh he's not half the danger the diamond backs, copper heads, and water moccasins are. We have fiddle back spiders in abundance, black widows now and then and a few other "scary" things around here.

One of those place that, if you go camping, you check your bedroll before getting in, and check your boots before putting them back on in the morning if you left them outside for the night. Might be smakes, spider and/or scorpions in there. :tongue:

Of all the above, the tarantulas bother me the least, if at all. They are very, very cool. All the other arachnids scare me shitless, and then there are the poisonous snakes...

Lovely ! I'll let you keep them then

Pix Wrote:I wonder what this person would think of your find?

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/20...fraid.html

lol that is a funny blog! Winknudge

If I saw that thing in my backyard I'd run inside and put a gun in my mouth.

edit:

By the way, I don't even own a gun. But the power of my fear in combination with my bloody tears would be enough for the Gods of cowardice to take note of my plight and they would cause a gun to materialize for me.

Our funnel web spiders look very smilar to that, but unlike the placid Tarantuala, our funnel web spiders will chase you around the back yard, they are lightning quick too the little bastards, and enough venom to kill 20 adult men, and they are a dime a dozen and the bastrads can swim ( I watched one doing back stroke once, a second one came along and started doing breast stroke, the one doing back stroke won the race).

They are one of the deadliest spiders in the world.

Another one we have is called the Red Back Spider, almost identical to the Black Widow, these little bastards hide under the dunny (Toilet) seat and wait to bite you on the bum.

Oh and then there are snakes, misquitos that can lift a house from it's foundations, Octopi that can kill in 8 minutes, you name it, we got it.

And guess out of 22 million people that live in Australia die from all the animals each year? Yep, zero...more die from shark attacks than all spiders, snakes and octipi put together.

Bloody dangerous country ay!

Cute kinda .

Yer Right !

gavjg Wrote:Yer Right !

Ok, I exaggerated a little bit, they can't do back stroke because it is awkward with 8 legs to do back stroke.

That makes them sound so much better then ?