Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found in my backyard
gavjg Wrote:That makes them sound so much better then ?

ok ok...they can't swim (but they can live under water for upto 2 weeks) and they can't run...I exaggerated A LOT...but the rest are facts

And I thought that the spiders here in Britain were bad enough.
If I saw one of those Red Back's/Blue Back's whatever Back's I think I would have a heart attack on the spot.
Our house Spider's can be quite big but nothing like what is around the world and they don't bite or chase you and are not poisonous.
I bet with some of them due to size of the beasts you can see their eyes glow in the dark and hear them coming wearing their boot's ? Not for me

gavjg Wrote:And I thought that the spiders here in Britain were bad enough.
If I saw one of those Red Back's/Blue Back's whatever Back's I think I would have a heart attack on the spot.
Our house Spider's can be quite big but nothing like what is around the world and they don't bite or chase you and are not poisonous.
I bet with some of them due to size of the beasts you can see their eyes glow in the dark and hear them coming wearing their boot's ? Not for me

Nah, nobody or no living thing wears boots in Australia, we all go barefoot as the calluses on our feet are so thick from going barefoot that we can walks on hot bitumen and razor blades without feeling a thing.

Their eyes also glow in the full sun of daylight...Freedy Krueger and Jason put together have nothing on our wild life Wink

It sounds such a charming place, I must put it on my list of destinations !

gavjg Wrote:It sounds such a charming place, I must put it on my list of destinations !

Oh you must...the people here are so friendly, the Koala's are cuddly too...when they aren't pissing on you Smile

Cool guy but if he was scuttling towards me at any decent pace I would soil myself......

Really we are very lucky not to have the nasties that most other countries have.
Even if I saw an adder Snake I think that I would die

gavjg Wrote:Really we are very lucky not to have the nasties that most other countries have.
Even if I saw an adder Snake I think that I would die

Oh! then you would just fall in love with New Zealand, no snakes there.

Quote:Oh! then you would just fall in love with New Zealand, no snakes there.

No Snakes ? But just spiders that will chase you for no reason

gavjg Wrote:No Snakes ? But just spiders that will chase you for no reason

That's actually a common myth, spiders actually have a good reason for chasing you....they are hungry.