Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found in my backyard
gavjg Wrote:It sounds such a charming place, I must put it on my list of destinations !

It's not so bad Gavin ,I have raised two boys here.

Quote:Oh you must...the people here are so friendly, the Koala's are cuddly too...when they aren't pissing on you
Or screaming like banshees.

Son stop tormenting future tourists Rofl

Well they ain't having my Body !
Have you ever been bitten by one and needed treatment ?

gavjg Wrote:Well they ain't having my Body !
Have you ever been bitten by one and needed treatment ?

Never, to be bitten by a spider is very rare, like I said, more people are attcked by sharks than bitten by Red Backs and Funnel webs.

The last recorded death from a red back spider bite was 6 years ago, the last recorded death from from a funnel web bite was 1983.

Even though these spiders a rather common is Australia, common sense avoids contact with them. We know where to find them so we steer clear of where they are likely to be. It has been over 30 years since I have seen a funnel web, only a few months since I have seen a red back.

Actually if you came to Australia, the worst feeling you would experience is sunburn Wink

dfiant Wrote:Never, to be bitten by a spider is very rare, like I said, more people are attcked by sharks than bitten by Red Backs and Funnel webs.

The last recorded death from a red back spider bite was 6 years ago, the last recorded death from from a funnel web bite was 1983.

Even though these spiders a rather common is Australia, common sense avoids contact with them. We know where to find them so we steer clear of where they are likely to be. It has been over 30 years since I have seen a funnel web, only a few months since I have seen a red back.

Actually if you came to Australia, the worst feeling you would experience is sunburn Wink

I think I could live with that

gavjg Wrote:I think I could live with that

I dropped a 0, it should be the last recorded death from a redback spider was '60' years ago

There must be a big supply of anti vonom ? But still the bites must be painful ?

Not really, it's rare to get bitten by one of these spiders anyway

dfiant Wrote:Not really, it's rare to get bitten by one of these spiders anyway

Thank goodness for that then !

A red back got me once , damn thing was on Disc-brake.
Made me so very sick , like an a extreme hangover, I will never forget it.

I am more intimidated by tiger snakes , had one chase me , man was it pissed , I mowed too close to the fire wood pile . I left the mower and ran for it, lucky for me Banjo (Cattle dog) come flying across the paddock and caught it in mid air and shook it to death.

It wasn't until I took off my work boots that I found the thing bit the heel.
Nasty bad tempered things.

Being bitten by this particular species of tarantula is not especially dangerous and, no more painful that a bees sting. They are an interesting species, long lived, slow maturing and, even in the wild they aren't aggressive.

http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/en...tryID=2625

If you want to read more about them.