Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found in my backyard
All winter there's been a frog living on my back veranda, in a hanging basket.
At night he'd come out and sit on the railing, and wouldn't flinch when I picked it up, or my dog gave it a kiss :-) ...they were mates!
My dog would give me the “I wanna a wee look”, and I knew it was just to go out and visit the frog... haa haa! They were mates!
Yesterday I opened the back door and saw a red bellied black snake sitting in the basket! He saw me and took off...ok, so did I. Lol
Last night....no froggie.

I've had at least 3 carpet pythons living in my roof for years. They come out and shed their skins and while I may see one or two a year , I've accepted them and as long as they don't bother me they can stay, but I hate the black and brown snakes which are venomous and a risk to my dog. I once had a Diamond Python in the wood heap...it was just so amazingly coloured I was more struck by its beauty than by my fear of snakes!
*damn* I can't post the pics till I get more posts :-(

This reminds me of my 1st trip to Puerto Rico. I stayed with relatives, and my cousin found a baby Tarantula in the area behind their home. I had to convince him not to kill it, and let him go.

Even if I'm not a big fan of spiders, I respect that they're still a part of the natural kingdom, and they play an important role in nature. I always loved nature.

Good on you for letting him go. I would crap my pants if he was crawling on me but he deserves to live. Just wouldnt go rummaging into cushes in your garden anytime soon....