Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friends with ex?
Alright, this may sound like a silly question, but is it truly possible to stay friends with someone you're no longer seeing? I try, but it seems like everytime someone either ends up "relapsing" into old feelings or it just feels awkward. One of my exes is very dear to me, and we both have expressed a desire to be friends, but every time we try an outing, the whole misty-eyed looks and sweet smiles come back. I feel like it's just bringing back romantic feelings for both of us. So yeah, what I'm asking is, is there a way to be friends without this happening or are we doomed and should never speak to each other again because it'll just backfire? (And just in case this info is relevant, we broke up because she wasn't ready to come out- and neither was I really, but I felt almost there; love seems to give more courage than liquid courage lol)

Hi,
I believe it is possible. And what is bad about the sweet smiles? Smile

It is hard to find a good friend, don't break up your friendship on purpose.

Nick9 Wrote:Hi,
I believe it is possible. And what is bad about the sweet smiles? Smile

It is hard to find a good friend, don't break up your friendship on purpose.

Because they're those kindof sweet smiles; romantic not platonic lol :\

I know Smile But there is nothing bad about them.

As I understand it you both agreed that you would be friends. You can be friends with "history." More special friends. There can be teasing, but when you both know and are ok with the fact that there will be just harmless teasing, that's ok... isn't it?
I would be perfectly ok with that. If it hurts you, you have to talk with your ex. Smile

ok this ex wife but she has been a total bitch. I mean property she has go give to me she needs her lawyer to go over first, she drags it out just to be an ass. I will never be a the friend to her and we were married 26 years
I say start ovrr

some people can be friends with their exes , some can't . it depends on both of you as people ~

If I ever get an ex I'm going to befriend him before he can even say "don't befriend me!" ^_^

You can get friendship back just continue on as normal and both understand your best friends now....

Its certainly possible however from what i have seen its harder for girls than guys.

you just need to change our mindset about that person

Undreamt Wrote:Its certainly possible however from what i have seen its harder for girls than guys.

you just need to change our mindset about that person

really ?
most girls i know have a much easier time being friends with exes than the guys i know ~
obviously there are exceptions ~ maybe you and me know very very different types of people lol