Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay police proposal
[Image: E1JVVDU.jpg]

One officer proposes to another at London pride parade.

TigerLover Wrote:[Image: E1JVVDU.jpg]

One officer proposes to another at London pride parade.

And he accepted! Couldn't have been more public if he tried. Just shows you that society in the UK has become more and more liberal.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

That's wonderful...just makes me wonder why North Carolina ended up being the armpit of western civilization.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

great news! Congrats!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Congrats to the couple. Hope they're happy. But personally I dislike all the parades, why should we be any different to straight people. You don't see I'm heterosexual and proud parades. I don't feel any different than any other guy therefore I see no point in boasting about my sexuality. Its an outdated concept to me. If anything they embarrass me, don't get me wrong being gay is something to be proud of but I don't need a parade to boast about it

bryyzy Wrote:Congrats to the couple. Hope they're happy. But personally I dislike all the parades, why should we be any different to straight people. You don't see I'm heterosexual and proud parades. I don't feel any different than any other guy therefore I see no point in boasting about my sexuality. Its an outdated concept to me. If anything they embarrass me, don't get me wrong being gay is something to be proud of but I don't need a parade to boast about it

Pride parades are still important:

To make sure young gay kids know that they're not alone.

To make sure the right wing can't spread lies about us being depraved seedy wierdos who skulk around in darkend rooms. Like they used to

To combat the shame and guilt many people feel when they first discover their sexuality.

And because parades are fun.

It's not for nothing that Putin banned public LGBT displays. He knew he needed to get gays hidden away in order to whip up hate against them.

Parades aren't fun though. Not to me. As time goes goes on and the country gets more liberal, they become redundant. We will see my generation growing up as probably one of the first that are the most liberally minded and accepting of all. The old guard will die and we wont be the kind to hate if we have kids and they come out as gay, lesbian, bi, transgender. Things are changing a lot and attitudes are too and these parades will become insignificant.

bryyzy Wrote:Parades aren't fun though. Not to me. As time goes goes on and the country gets more liberal, they become redundant. We will see my generation growing up as probably one of the first that are the most liberally minded and accepting of all. The old guard will die and we wont be the kind to hate if we have kids and they come out as gay, lesbian, bi, transgender. Things are changing a lot and attitudes are too and these parades will become insignificant.

If that's true then people will gradually stop attending and the practice will fade slowly away. When was the last time you attended a variety show or the midsummer jousts.

No one ever set out to stop these practices they just became irrelevant and got abandoned over time.

Aww that's beautiful... Congrats to the couple.

TigerLover Wrote:If that's true then people will gradually stop attending and the practice will fade slowly away. When was the last time you attended a variety show or the midsummer jousts.

No one ever set out to stop these practices they just became irrelevant and got abandoned over time.

I don't do shows. I go to football matches. I am a more of a sports person than a variety show bleurghhhhhh