Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All, new member here.
Hi all, I'm new here. This is my first time admitting to being openly gay to anyone other than my close friends. My family doesn't even know. I'm sure it's going to be a process. I'm having a hard time writing this. Not really sure what to say.

I hope to meet new people here, and figure out the best way to finally come out. :-)
If anyone else is an MD or has a professional career and came out, with a super religious family, I'd like to hear about your story. I am ready to come out for me (I have accepted myself for who I am), but I am not sure I am ready to starve on the streets. It's a scary process.

sorry for the ramble,
A

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! :-)

hey , welcome Smile

Welcome to GS! It can be a scary process, coming out. Congratulations on taking the first steps. "Starving on the streets" may be a bit dramatic, though.

Your profile says you live in LA... as in Los Angeles or Louisiana? That makes a difference! If you are in Calif, then I'm sure you won't be the only openly gay doc in town. I can't advise you about coming out with a professional career or a religious family. My experience has been that the people who knew and respected me before my coming out have continued to do so. It's only been a month for me, so I'm still in the process.

Good luck!

Hey Adrian, welcome to gs Smile

Hi everyone, thanks for the responses. I wish I could say that I won't starve on the streets if I come out, but I actually live in the South.

Sorry I am a bit paranoid so my profile location is a total lie - in case anyone were to walk by my laptop at the office! :-(

I have a private practice that I work in - there are still signs here (where I live) that say "Gay, want to be straight, come to our camp for reprogramming."

A church on every corner, and effing chickfila. My best friend, she just found out that I am gay, she says she already knew though, got most of her students to boycott the place (she is a doctor, but the academic kind). She told me she did that to support me. I was really touched, but my parents would disown me, rumors are already flying around because I am single and have never dated. :-(

I HAVE to come out. I am just so afraid.
Ahhh!!
*hides under bed*

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll have a good time - there's a really friendly atmosphere here!

Hi welcome to the forum. Smile please don't be afraid if sounds like you have a wonder friend who will be there for you.

Hello and welcome. I hope you can find some good advice and friendship here. There are wonderful people about in these forums!