Poll: How have the Covid-19 lockdowns affected your work?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm working from home indefinitely until it's safe
30.77%
4 30.77%
I'm working from home but will have to return soon
15.38%
2 15.38%
I'm a 'Key Worker' and working as usual
15.38%
2 15.38%
I'm at home - off work but will have to return soon
0%
0 0%
I'm at home - off work on full pay until my company reopens
0%
0 0%
I'm at home - off work but have been furloughed
15.38%
2 15.38%
I've been laid off work and unemployed
7.69%
1 7.69%
I was unemployed before this happened
0%
0 0%
I'm Freelance but have less work
15.38%
2 15.38%
I'm retired
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have the Covid-19 lockdowns affected your work?
I'm freelance and all the work I had in the diary was cancelled pretty much overnight. No work, no income.
[-] The following 1 member Likes marshlander's post:
  •

I am in automotive so we are considered essential in California. I own a classic Mustang restoration shop that also sells parts. I am booked until the middle of 2022 with restorations but am concerned about how many will drop off the waiting list because of financial or other problems. The parts sales have slipped way down but the customers we do have that are buying parts are taking advantage of the time off to work on their cars. We will see what happens. Luckily I am the only employee besides my ex. Yes we get along great! I also work with my significant other some days in the bio safety cabinet airflow certification and repair business he owns, so it helps as well.
[-] The following 1 member Likes CarGuy65's post:
  •

@CarGuy65 Car mechanics are definitely essential and glad you're able to keep on working, Hopefully things will bounce back.

I'm amazed that the price of gas right now is as cheap as it was in the mid 90's. I haven't seen it under $1.60 in ages and will probably go lower since crude oil hit $10/barrel today and futures fell to $0....crazy times.

Anyway, hope you're doing well and good to see you back Smile
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 2 members Like InbetweenDreams's post:
  • , CarGuy65

Together, my partner and I have more work than before, being in health-related fields. Not more income, just busier.
[-] The following 1 member Likes Elijoan's post:
  •

@"Elijoan" Hopefully they pass a bills that will include hazard pay. Not sure if you're in the US or UK...or somewhere else. My sister who works in the medical field has been working overtime, not just over COVID-19 but other reasons. It's crazy... Hope you stay safe.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(04-21-2020, 12:15 AM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @CarGuy65 Car mechanics are definitely essential and glad you're able to keep on working, Hopefully things will bounce back.

I'm amazed that the price of gas right now is as cheap as it was in the mid 90's. I haven't seen it under $1.60 in ages and will probably go lower since crude oil hit $10/barrel today and futures fell to $0....crazy times.

Anyway, hope you're doing well and good to see you back Smile
We're talking $1.60 per gallon, right? Here's it's about €1.49 a litre for me. Mostly taxes. I guess these will be going up, and definitely not going down once the 'economy' is started up again.

@"princealbertofb" Yep, it's a $1.57 (and 9/10ths because we're...*sigh* different). But I have one of these grocery cards that you earn points on and the more points you get you get a discount on gas. Only thing is, I have a plug-in hybrid and since I'm not traveling as much or to work as often...I've 1,200 miles on one tank and says I'm averaging over 175 MPG...and I don't know how long it will be before I fill up again.
Check out my stuff!

(04-22-2020, 05:06 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: @"princealbertofb" Yep, it's a $1.57 (and 9/10ths because we're...*sigh* different). But I have one of these grocery cards that you earn points on and the more points you get you get a discount on gas. Only thing is, I have a plug-in hybrid and since I'm not traveling as much or to work as often...I've 1,200 miles on one tank and says I'm averaging over 175 MPG...and I don't know how long it will be before I fill up again.
I guess that's a good thing for the planet, burning less fossil fuel.

@"princealbertofb" I suppose so. I know that in many big cities that the smog has cleared out due to less people traveling.
Check out my stuff!

I work in an opticians and was furloughed about a month ago. I should get my first payment from the government and the end of the month all being well. Not sure when work will re-open. Social distancing is essentially impossible in my line of work, and with PPE in great shortage in the UK at the moment, I can't see us reopening for a little while yet!