Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to meet gay friends?
Hey

I need advice on how to meet gay friends? I have friends, but they're all straight. I get on great with them but I feel like it would be good to have gay friends aswell because otherwise I'll never be able to meet potential partners etc!

The thing is I'm pretty introverted. Ive always been quiet and reserved. If someone approaches me I can hold a conversation, but otherwise I don't really start conversations. I know there are gay bars but I've never been in one, plus I'd feel a bit sad and lonely going into one by myself (and I don't really want to go in with my straight friends). So how can I meet more gay people? I literally don't have one person in my life that I'm friends with who is gay.

To meet potential partners you need to find someone with similar interests. Join a group for something that interests you. Do something social in the GLBT community.

Hello,
In this life we are all born alone with no friends and overtime our social skills we learn in life help us find the friends we have today... Now when i was 18 (nearly a decade a go i know dead scary lol) I went onto the gay scene not knowing anyone.. I was petrified to go into a pub and petrified to talk to another gay man as it was a society i was unable to accept or adapt to to begion with... After some thought you need to think rightbrowse the bars and see whats happenning in each.. Spend a day just chilling out in one and dont worry you wont be judged because your money is the same colour as their locals...
Once you found a pub you like this is now YOUR LOCAL... Dont catergorise or label pubs just find one you feel safe being in... Now in brighton we got old mens pubs, young ones pubs, drag/karoke pubs, gay fetish bars, lesbian bars, Men with more money than sense bars, bears bars, and typical back street bars all gay.... I found a small little back street gay bar and settled there mingling with p[eople and with regular visit of once or twice a week i soon found i was speaking with more and more people and they got to know me... Of course i lost friends but i also gained some... I did have a circle of about 40 friends and dropped 35 of them within six months because all they wanted was to try to get a quick fuck...
Dont go out there with all hopes in making a friend because what you havent got you cannot miss and you cannot put hope into this because if it doesnt go to plan you would only end up feeling upset... On top of that there are members on here who come on from Newcastle area... You will find them in time mister just remember

get out there dont hesistate and remember your money is as good as anyone elses...

Tip:- Try not to turn into a scene queen or else your in a vicious circle of un controllable campness and bitchy remarks....

lol

Aunty Zeon x

Put up a booth offering free hugs/kisses and only accept the ones from the guys. Bam! gay friends. Lol I kid, all my gay friends have no idea I'm gay and they are only my friend cause we play the same game or we were in class together once. None of them are close. Hardly talk to them. Soooo I'm useless once again. Spiny

GAY CAMP!
Always a favourite of mine. The queer youth camps in NZ are mean and I'v made many fag friends n.n

They have that? >_>

zeon Wrote:Hello,
In this life we are all born alone with no friends and overtime our social skills we learn in life help us find the friends we have today... Now when i was 18 (nearly a decade a go i know dead scary lol) I went onto the gay scene not knowing anyone.. I was petrified to go into a pub and petrified to talk to another gay man as it was a society i was unable to accept or adapt to to begion with... After some thought you need to think rightbrowse the bars and see whats happenning in each.. Spend a day just chilling out in one and dont worry you wont be judged because your money is the same colour as their locals...
Once you found a pub you like this is now YOUR LOCAL... Dont catergorise or label pubs just find one you feel safe being in... Now in brighton we got old mens pubs, young ones pubs, drag/karoke pubs, gay fetish bars, lesbian bars, Men with more money than sense bars, bears bars, and typical back street bars all gay.... I found a small little back street gay bar and settled there mingling with p[eople and with regular visit of once or twice a week i soon found i was speaking with more and more people and they got to know me... Of course i lost friends but i also gained some... I did have a circle of about 40 friends and dropped 35 of them within six months because all they wanted was to try to get a quick fuck...
Dont go out there with all hopes in making a friend because what you havent got you cannot miss and you cannot put hope into this because if it doesnt go to plan you would only end up feeling upset... On top of that there are members on here who come on from Newcastle area... You will find them in time mister just remember

get out there dont hesistate and remember your money is as good as anyone elses...

Tip:- Try not to turn into a scene queen or else your in a vicious circle of un controllable campness and bitchy remarks....

lol

Aunty Zeon x
Was that a hint to me to say hi mr z? Lol

CustomMadeKid Wrote:Hey

I need advice on how to meet gay friends? I have friends, but they're all straight. I get on great with them but I feel like it would be good to have gay friends aswell because otherwise I'll never be able to meet potential partners etc!

The thing is I'm pretty introverted. Ive always been quiet and reserved. If someone approaches me I can hold a conversation, but otherwise I don't really start conversations. I know there are gay bars but I've never been in one, plus I'd feel a bit sad and lonely going into one by myself (and I don't really want to go in with my straight friends). So how can I meet more gay people? I literally don't have one person in my life that I'm friends with who is gay.

Hey Mr, I'm from your area and I know the Newcastle gay scene very very well. Right there are a few nice pubs and clubs you can go to there and the people are ok. First of all there is Powerhouse in town and it is a notorious gay club (I've been there and it's minging) there is boulevard (which has a drag type theme and cabaret thing gong on,) which isn't my cup of tea. Switch is kind of ok and it's well within "the pink triangle" area of Newcastle. There are quite a few gay clubs etc in the pink triangle and you soon get to know what's what. Up until recently I didn't start properly going out and I was like you and didn't have an idea of the score but I've made a handful of decent and good friends.

Personally I don't drink but I like to go out and have a good time and I'm sure you'll be able to make some good friends. I'm not going to lie there are a few shitheads out there in the clubs and pubs in town, but you'll be fine. I'm currently finishing off my last few weeks of uni and I'll start to be going back out soon. If you have any questions at all about the gay scene in town or want to chat message me, (we are seriously lacking northerners on gayspeak) lol although I'm from the Durham area I go to uni in Newcastle and I know the ins and outs of what go on. Good luck, and speak soon hopefully. :-)