Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I did it. I came out to my first family member
Thanks everyone. It does get better. I have never thought I would come out to anyone in my family. Since I am living very far away from home, it is very possible for me to hide forever.

Here is the response of my cousin

"Don’t worry sweet heart, your secret is safe with me. I suspected that your sexuality could be some kind of “different” since years. But I don’t have any problems with that. No less I got some gay and lesbian friends. And one of my best girlfriend is also bi and she was in love with me…that was a very difficult and strange situation, but we are still good friends now. And I also had a lot of exhausting conversations with my parents about that topic, I hate that they think homosexuality is an illness and just disgusting. So I totally understand that you don’t want to tell your parents or anyone of our family. For me it doesn’t matter who you love, as long as you are happy and he or she is good to you."

And the best part
"And we should go to Berlin, to the “Christopher street day”, do you know that event? Every summer gay and lesbian people celebrate and demonstrate for their rights with a huge emolument. Big Grin"

Can it be better Smile?

Wow shes so understanding. You must feel so lucky to have a cousin like her.

This is so good for you as it would give you an immense support when you come out to other people and relatives in the future. But it is also of some support to me too as I plan on comming out first to my cousin in about a week.