Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess I should officially introduce myself
Hey Chimpy! I've enjoyed your posts and look forward to more from you :-) Welcome!

Wow you're almost at 50 posts..... Another bish that's going to over take me being here for over 5years @.@

Hello there!

Hi & welcome to GS Chimpy.

Hey there Chimp! Welcome to GaySpeak Smile

Chimpy Wrote:After lurking around the forums for the last little bit I thought I'd write a bit about myself.

I'm 37, I work as a computer games programmer in Warwickshire, which is pretty much in the centre of England for those that don't know. I've lived here for the last 15 years or so. Originally I come from a county called Wiltshire which is in the south-west of England, where I lived with my parents until I was 18. I went to secondary school in Bath and Bristol, and I went to university in Southampton where I studied Physics and Maths for 4 years until I was 22. I went into university very immature and child-like, but my time there made me grow up and gave me confidence and made me an adult. Sadly just as I was finishing university my father died of a heart attack which was a bit of a difficult time.

To sum up my personality I would say I am caring, empathic, precise, honest and reliable. If I have any faults I think it is that I am a bit lazy and procrastinate quite a lot.

I guess I'm of about average height - around 5'9" (175cm). I've got quite a slim build - I'm about 145lbs (66kg). People sometimes think I'm a bit older because my hair went very white when I was in my late teens. I try to keep in shape but I am very fond of chocolate and cake. I adore cake.

I dress pretty casually. My usual attire is jeans, trackies or shorts, tshirt and hoody (we don't have to wear smart clothes to work) and DC skate shoes. I love DCs. I quite like bright colours - I guess that is the gay in me expressing itself :p

When I'm not working I like tinkering with my PC, playing games on it (I played world of warcraft for 5 years and still go back to it occasionally), and just browsing and emailing. I read a lot of scifi and fantasy novels, I have a large collection of books. I also play quite a lot of board games and have friends round most weeks for a board games night. I keep active by swimming at least one evening per week (I aim to do around 1km in a session) and I play badminton with friends from work each week as well. I also like going out walking in the countryside when the weather is good.

I currently live with a friend in a house he owns. I've lived with him for most of my time here in warwickshire and he is my best friend and companion (he's straight. I've tried to turn him, it doesn't work). I drive a (old) car (video games developers don't get paid as much as you might expect). I'm looking to buy my own house this year if I can afford one. It will be hard to leave my friend but I think I'm ready for my own space.

I'm out to a few friends. I don't really have a problem with my friends knowing but I don't announce it. If they ask, I'm honest with them; I don't really care. I'm of the mind that if they have an issue with it, then they aren't worth being friends! My family are a different matter as I was raised a strict catholic and they are very old fashioned and closed minded. I don't like the term "straight acting" because it implies gay & straight people all behave in a certain way (I know some very camp straight guys!), but for want of a better term, that I am.

I am not religious now. I realised quite recently that I only went to church because it was expected of me. I don't believe in anything that as humans we can not see and measure. Religion makes me quite sad because I believe it was made up by people over time as a method of control. So much conflict is fuelled by religion. I probably would describe myself as humanist. The most important thing for me is the development and progression of mankind - socially and technologically.

I've not had much experience with relationships. I've met a few guys over the years from hookup sites. They've always been nice and friendly at first, then wanted something physical quite after a few meets, then lost interest after I wasn't in to them so much. I'm mostly just looking for friendship now, although I get affectionate as well - I'm only human.

I don't have any gay or bi friends so I have come here and enjoy being able to discuss things and chat and have a laugh in a way I wouldn't be able to otherwise.

That was more than a bit, wasn't it? Feel free to ask me anything or pm or whatever, I love to chat.

Chimpy