Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I had a full physical check today and i am awful about my weight now!!!!
Rawr Wrote:good luck and god speed. I think I should start doing the same If I'm hounest.

Let's do this together and i believe we ll have a perfect body, mate

mrk2010 Wrote:It's not just about working out, it's your lifestyle, your eating habits and alcohol consumption. Cut out all the rubbish from your diet and do a lot of cardio and the pounds will fall off. Good luck. Confusedmile:

Good advice from you, and i will take this seriously.

good luck with that... It is a question of discipline and of eating the right foods, keeping sufficiently exercised and not bingeing. I hear that getting the right sleep also helps.

You got my support. Working out, reading nutrition labels and tracking calories will help lose weight. I speak from my experience. I weighed 230 in 1999, but now I'm at 180. Also, watch your stress level and make sure you get sufficient sleep. Stress and sleep deprivation will tend to make people overeat.

Good luck, PuppyErr. You have my support as well.

As mentioned by everyone else, it's not just about workout. It's also about changing lifestyle in a whole.

Again, good luck!

Good luck and much success to you!!

You started right, by seeing your doctor.

As was said before, it's not just a diet, it's a lifestyle change. You need to watch your food intake, eat healthier, and avoid alcohol, and exercise.

Are you familiar with the "Fat Smash" diet? When I tried it, I was at 250lbs, and now I'm about 215 or so.

I know it is a hard task, but it's very possible......I was originally 295 pounds, so I've lost nearly 80 pounds, and kept it off.

When I reach my 50 posts and can post pics, I'll be back and let you see my "before" and "current" pics. I want to reach a goal of 185, which will be 110 pounds lost all totaled.

Good luck to you, you've got my full support. I decided to lose weight but I'm doing a lot of long walks up hills it's doing the trick..! Confusedmile:

Good luck, and I support you. You can do this!

I can completely sympathize with you and your situation.

My story......after years of turning to food to make me happy, or get me through something, I had found myself at the age of 35, 5'7", and almost 300 pounds. 295 to be exact and a 46-48'' waist. I knew things had to change after a night of going dancing with my friends. I love to dance, and in the past, could go on all night long. That night, after one song, I was out of breath, and had to leave the floor.

This was me at my heaviest.

[Image: theoldchuck.jpg]

I started by modifying my diet.

No more fast food. No more regular soda, no more cookies and potato chips. No more snacking when I was bored. Breakfast was a bowl of healthy cereal. Lunch was grilled chicken, tuna salad, sandwich on wheat. Dinner was whatever I wanted, as long as it was only one serving. Limit my bread intake, increased my salad and vegetable intake.

Snacks were sugar free jello, or unsalted, dry roasted peanuts. Tons of spring water. Force myself to drink V-8 juice.

Exercise 3 times a day. In the morning, do a workout video called "Walk Away The Pounds" with Leslie Sansone. 3 videos, 1 mile, 2 mile, and 3 mile walk, incorporating weights for armwork. After work, I hit the park to speed walk around the track. Right now, up to 3 times around, just over 4 miles.

Since starting this diet/exericse program, I've lost 80lbs, and gone from a size 46 to size 38-36 waist. Currently about 215lbs, but I'm determined to get down to 185, which would be 110 pound loss.

Here is a pic of me taken about a year ago.

[Image: newpics2-05003.jpg]

CellarDweller Wrote:Limit my bread intake, increased my salad and vegetable intake.

Yes! Limiting carbohydrate intake is really important. Thanks for mentioning that.
Also try increase protein intake.
(For a nerdy explanation, L-carnitine in meats actually helps you burn extra fats in your body. Though, don't take any fat parts in meat. It's not good for you for an obvious reason.)

Good luck!!