Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a question....
I don't know if he's training you, but I think he might be struggling with a mental illness, perhaps something with a bit of paranoia/esteem issues. (please note that I'm not at all a psychologist, just observant of behaviour but I could be wrong). He seems to have really taken things personally when you've said things to distance yourself, or joked about things like 'breaking up' after the video game. It's hard to get a gage of what his feelings are for you, maybe he is straight, but he definitely doesn't want to lose you and isn't it handling his fears of losing you well.

Unfortunately, it can be hard to suggest to someone that perhaps they should get checked out... they might get really offended. You may need to make a tough choice of do you indeed run as East suggested, and know that though it's hard, none of how he's acted is your fault and it's what's probably best for your own sanity.. or do you try to heal wounds, realizing that you'll need to be a little more careful about what you say etc. around him?

Good luck whatever you decide

I know I shouldn't give a damn, but he showed up to work today high. It's not something he'd ever do before, he was very responsible with his smoking.

I feel bad that I effect him so much that he has to get high to "deal" with me. It breaks my heart. I don't know what to do, because it's not like I'm coming back, so I have to assume he'll be doing this indefinitely (well, until I leave. He's not going anywhere).

On the other hand, he was able to just be neutral because of it. It makes it easier for me to be neutral as well.

I need to get out of there so I can move on.