Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like white guys
CoolI have a confession/problem. I like white guys and the occasional hispanic but for the most part white. I don't know why but I've never been attracted to my own race n I have been on the receiving end of alot of controversy, hate, etc. from family and what friends I had. I've had many people tell me that since I'm gay I should definitely stick to my own race but i believe this to be a crock of shit. Besides most of the black guys around here show there ass more n a day than I ever will n my lifetime n i'm just not...down with that. my mom thinks that being gay i shouldn't be picky and i agree but shouldn't I want to do what makes me happy. i mean i'd date a black guy (if he had a job n stuff) but those rare n in great demand and the majority r straight. basically i would just like an outside opinion and really needed to get this off my chest. i mean is it that serious that i like white guys.Cool

No, I don't see that your desire to date outside of your race is that important, so long as you are ok with it. Personally, I have dated black, Asian, white, Hispanic and Arab men. When it comes down to it, you date the person for the person they are and not their color. Like you said, if you have a hard time finding what you want in a guy of your own race, then look someplace else until you do find it (and demographically, with approximetly13% African American population in the U.S. and only around 10% of them gay, your options are pretty limited if you stay within your own race). It is your life, and it is up to you to determine who you want to date. Just remind your mom how small the gay, black population is, and ask her if she is more open to you settling for a scrub or trying to find a quality guy that may not have the same levels of melatonin as you.

I think it's great that you aren't sticking to your own race. It adds variety.

It's all good. White, black, and anywhere in between...

It's ok to be picky. Look at me I'm like probably one of the most pickiest people when it comes to finding a guy attractive. He has to be good looking and have good personality. Also I won't go out with a guy who dose drugs or smoke.

well you guys definitely have made me feel better about the situation. alot of the reactions i get from some people make me feel really....different.

Don't pay attention to your family or friends or anyone else who has an opinion on YOUR personal choices that does NOT affect them (even if they insist that is does when truly is does not) because you need to be true to yourself...in the end that is all that matters. It is your life to live...not theirs.

It's sad that we still can't look past culture and color. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Myself; chocolate with my Vanilla is fantastic, and so on.

I know since I live in such a place called Texas where discrimination runs rampant at times still.

Fosra Wrote:
I know since I live in such a place called Texas where discrimination runs rampant at times still.

Yes, I know what you mean. I live in Tennessee and things are much different when it comes to discrimination here. It's still very much alive around here too.

If you like white guys better than blacks you do. You can't help what you are and aren't attracted to.

Date who you like. Screw everyone else's opinion =D