Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Tired
I'm so tired of everything in my life. During my drinking and drug problem I lost a love over him wanting to keep up appearances. I lost my best friend of five years after he decided to opt out of friendship when I needed him most and I lost the trust of everyone. It's been a year now since all that happened and I've worked hard to try to gain everything I once had back to no avail. Now I'm ready to just quit it all. I can't get a job after calling ten different places about a hundred times, money's to tight to take a driving course, and I've grown tired of my current group of friends due to their complete backstabishness and nonsensical bullshit. I've tried numerous time to get back my families' trust and that was about a waste. The only thing I've got left for myself is my animals and self. I'm ready to leave Michigan for good but can't not with one year left of school and I don't know if I can take it. I need change and want it so bad. Hell, even finding someone or thing worth the living would be better than just what I've got now. So is there really anything I can do since I don't know what to do anymore?

If you can'r get a job and you can't stand your present "friends" the only thing I can suggest is do some volunteer work. That way you will be occupied some of the time at least and less concerned with your own problems, and you will mix with a new group of people. People who do volunteer work are usually fairly open and generous with their time and who knows, you might find someone who you can unburden yourself to. But take it easy to begin with.

Hope this might help.

calling the same 10 places a hundred times is like banging your head on a brick wall, I'm just saying.

Nothing really happens for lazy people that think the world owes them everything and sits back and waits for it to come their way.

If you really wanted change you would learn that until you can love and respect yourself, why would any one else around you love and respect you?

If you wanted a job, you would have one by now, so go and REALLY try getting a job.

Once again this forum's ability to insult obviously vulnerable people is... perplexing.

First of all, the assumption that unemployed people (especially young ones) are lazy is annoying. In some cases it's obviously true, but as a generalization it's both patronizing and irritating.

Second of all, there are cases where blunt, straight-forward and cold "advice" is terribly out of place. Please take note of this.

Look, OnlyHuman, one thing previously said was correct though. Calling the same places several times for work just isn't going to work. If you're really desperate for work I suggest you apply EVERYWHERE. A few years back I was really desperate for a summer job so I looked up every local business and called each and every one of them asking for work. It's very hard for young people to find employment nowadays (which I think some adults are kind of forgetting, cough cough) but if you make sure to seize EVERY opportunity the chances are pretty good you'll find something.

The rest is pretty hard to give advice on, I'm afraid, but you seem to need someone to talk to. This forum can be a pretty good thing for that. If you want to you can PM me Smile

If not, then good luck with everything!

Volunteering is not a bad idea. It can help you meet new friends, gain work experience for resume buildings, shows a social conscience, and get references.

dfiant Wrote:If you really wanted change you would learn that until you can love and respect yourself, why would any one else around you love and respect you?

This. Unfortunately, there are times when we want to be saved. It doesn't work that way, though.

You seem to be very critical to the people around you. I have heard people who complained about not having friends. They didn't see anything good at the people around them.
Maybe you are not the same, it's hard to judge from one post.

Quote:I've grown tired of my current group of friends due to their complete backstabishness and nonsensical bullshit.

Well then, find someone else and make their life nicer. Can you do it? How many people a day you meet? How many times a day have you tried?
You can make acquaintances just by greeting people, giving them a smile and chatting for a while.
But you need to show them that with you their life will be better, merrier, happier, more interesting.

When you have confidence in yourself and love yourself, people will notice. If you are bitter, they will stay away. Trust me, they have enough problems of their own.

Something worth living... You love animals, what about working for a shelter?

How do you eat an elephant?

I'll get back to this.

Seems like you are overwelmed by so many different issues that all seem to be working against you right now.

Back to my question.

The answer of course is one bite at a time.....

Divide everything up into smaller chunks, instead of weeks or months deal in days or even hours.

Pick one issue. Start with the one that you believe would be the easiest to get to grips with. Work at that. Get the better of it, acknowledge your success, pack it away, pick the next.

Things will get easier I promise. As your coping skills develop you will be better equiped to deal with the more difficult issues.

Same advice I still give to my foster son ever since I met him when he was 14, and getting lost in welfare... (There's a tale to be told, I might just do that)....

Hope it helps you to.

Kind regards,
Trial by error

Only,

I think we've all reached a point at one time or another where we ready to pack everything up and just say screw it. Change is good, but the best change comes when you learn to better embrace who you are. Sometimes it's as simple as changing your focus. Instead of paying attention to everything that's bad, why not take a second to look at what's good and then build off of that? Unfortunately, continued focus on the negative just begets more of that.

It sounds to me like it's time to sit down and start making a plan to create the world that you want to be in. Start by developing more trust in self. Know that you are capable of anything and then get out there and make it happen. It sounds like you have already overcome a lot of difficult circumstances. That alone offers proof that you have strength to keep pushing yourself forward.

You live near me! ... Which, if you're looking for a job, isn't exactly good news, even if you're from across the border.

The key is to not become bored, and to always be involved in new things. And, as weird as it sounds, forget trying to get your family's trust back, and focus exclusively on your life and improving it. When you start to appear more confident and begin to change for the better, you'll begin to appear more trustworthy as well. Unfortunately, there's little you can do to speed up the re-growth of trust with the ones you love, other than being kind to them and keeping your promises to the best of your ability.

So what do you need to do to improve yourself? Well, you need to finish high school. You can do it, you just have one year left. You can also volunteer, like others have said. It'll give you things for your resume, and give you something to do. Also check out things in your city or whatever that you can do for fun and to meet new people. My city for example has nerd anime events (although I help run them, so thats cheating), and that's how I've met a lot of my newer friends. Perhaps an oppourtunity to volunteer for something equally as fun might present itself for you too.

And in the meantime, keep trying to get a job, and tell people that you're looking for one. Don't accept a job you know you won't be able to do, but don't just turn down a job you don't think you'll like, because not many people do love their jobs. Take it easy and don't give up.

Good luck Smile

All that, and youre only 17??

Sounds like you are too busy trying to live a life you want, and not one you have.

You need to get away from working to get what comes with age, wisdom, and just being around different people all the time.

Live your own life. You need to make things happen for you, stop worrying about friends and family.
Make your own life.

You have to get your life in order, before any decent people will want to be a part of it.

Work hard, save your money, put yourself on a budget, learn a trade, and do some more growing up.

You live in a big city area.......have you signed up with all the temp agencies in your area? Even if you are still in school, some temp agencies can help you out, whether its just information on job hunting, helpful training skills in looking for work, or training you for a job...they should be able to do something for you....even if its just advice.

Figure out what you want to learn to do as far as a trade goes. Then go read up on it in the library or online.
See what you have to do to get trained. Then work on making that happen.