Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think a teacher may like me? What should I do?
I think it may just have been in my head. I don't know. My friend asked me at school yesterday "Why does Mr. ******** Always stare at you? I watch him do it every morning.." It's coming to the point where im not sure how im supposed to answer that.

ADTR Wrote:I think it may just have been in my head. I don't know. My friend asked me at school yesterday "Why does Mr. ******** Always stare at you? I watch him do it every morning.." It's coming to the point where im not sure how im supposed to answer that.

If you feel uncomfortable with the situation turn it into a joke and just be like 'just obsessed with me haha' That will lighten it.
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Marky Wrote:If you feel uncomfortable with the situation turn it into a joke and just be like 'just obsessed with me haha' That will lighten it.

Haha i think i may be over reacting a bit. I think its like some of the others said. I want something so therefore its easy for me to mix up general kindness with something more then that. Nothing to look into. He's just a nice guy trying to look out for me i suppose

Since he just got out of a relationship, he is probably just looking for someone to talk too.

But, then again, he might have gotten a divorce for a reason..........

And, then again, he could be perving for you.

Regardless of WHY he is doing this, it is unprofessional and actually IS harassment, if you did not ask for this treatment.

Next time he wants to "talk" with you, just tell him that what he is doing is interrupting your classes, your work, and your concentration......and it is affecting your school work. So please limit any conversations to your free period or to let you know in advance if he wants to speak with you, and then YOU can find the time to do so.....if you want.

If it gets out of hand or starts to make you feel uncomfortable, tell him to please stop. If he does not stop, go to the principles office. You dont need to make a "thing" out of it, just let them know what he is doing, and although you appreciate his concern, you are losing your focus on your school work.

When hunky husband was in freshman high school, his English teacher used to touch the top part of his ass crack, just below his Fruit of the Loom shorts. He didn't mind it because he was a bear daddy type. You'll know when it's not in your head.

ADTR Wrote:Haha i think i may be over reacting a bit. I think its like some of the others said. I want something so therefore its easy for me to mix up general kindness with something more then that. Nothing to look into. He's just a nice guy trying to look out for me i suppose

Its not to be nasty - its just to make it less awkward when people say he's staring at you :p You don't have to say obsessed just that sarcasm would make it jokey. When people take things too seriously thats when it gets tough :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

He commented on one of my pictures a few weeks ago saying "Come into school and talk to me sometime. I think your feelings are perfect for my ear" because my picture was of me and it was captioned something sad about having a shit childhood or something. So i replied "sure i dont know when though" and he took it into his own hands to come find me.

He may just be concerned about you, thinking you need some self confidence or something. He could also just be a pedo. Either way I wouldn't try to make it out to be something else, my guess is it would turn out ugly in the end.

Lets just call this as it is.

If you or he do ANYTHING to encourage this flirting thats going on between you - imagined or in your head or not - then you will both be in a world of trouble, and he will end up loosing his job, his teaching license and be put on a sex offenders register and likely serve some jail time.

This isn't a "haha" matter, and the fact that you seem to be treating it so lightly tells me you don't understand the seriousness of the situation that you are potentially encouraging.

You must stop all contact now, and ignore your feelings for him and the attention he's giving you.

ObW
X

Regardless of issues of age, it's never appropriate for a teacher (ie someone in a position of authority) to be involved with a current student. If the teacher is acting in a way that makes you think he's coming onto you, you should go to your counselor, or principal, and let them know. If you like the teacher, and are thinking of him in that way, you should request a transfer to a different class if you are unable to put him out of your mind.

The bottom line is that you're in school to learn and better yourself. You shouldn't have to deal with the distraction of pining over your teacher when you're supposed to be focusing on your studies. And you definitely shouldn't have to deal with the awkwardness and impropriety of your educator coming onto you.