Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think this guy on the internet likes me?
So, first of all, I want to point out, that of course, we're both guys. I'm 21, he's 25. I know for a fact he's gay because it says so on his Skype profile. We've known each other for about a month now. At first we would just chat here and there since we found we had some common interests and all, but now it's gotten to the point to where we talk to each other over the internet for up to 3-5 hours every day before and after we go off to work. We even make sure to tell each other good morning and good night every single day.

Lately though, I noticed he's been acting a little different. For example, a few days back, I went to bed immediately after getting off work, but woke up an hour later after realizing I forgot to tell him goodnight like usual. After telling him goodnight, he sent me a message the next morning telling me i'm really sweet. The next day after that, I told him how I'd be working overtime so I may not be able to talk to him that night, and instead of pushing it aside, he instead told me that he'd wait for me, which surprised me to find out he actually did wait until 2AM, even though he had work that day at 6AM.

Within that time, we've had a lot of conversations that seemed to usually end up in a really flirtatious manner from both sides. For example, one time I made he point that he would be too nervous to ever go to a convention alone as he's a slightly shy person, so I jokingly responded with, "You could come with me sometime then. It'd be a date.". Of course, I said that as a joke, though. Another time we were talking about food and I said I would love to taste his cooking, and his response was, "You'll have your chance one day. I promise."

Another thing that really stood out to me, was a moment to where I told him about this thing I wanted to buy on Amazon, but I wasn't sure if it was worth the money, so he offered to buy it for me. This item was $50. I kept telling him not to but he was so persistent, telling me things like, and "It would be no bother, really." and , "Well, I'd like to, if it's you." Eventually we came to a conclusion that we'd buy each other something sometime to make it fair.

And finally, just last night, after telling him that I was going to bed, he sent me this message that came out of nowhere which read, "I always have fun talking with you. I know it hasn't been that long, but I like you a lot. I'm tired, so I hope i'm not getting out of line by telling you that you're a cutie." I, already having possible feelings for him myself, replied with, "No, that's not out of line at all. I like you a lot, too. Although I hope that's been obvious." His response was, "Thank's. You can never be too sure."

There are a quite a few other conversations we've had that seemed to end up pretty romantic in nature, but I'd rather not bring them up as personal as they are.

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, and I kinda wish I hadn't now, but I ended our dialogue last night by sending, "Sweet dreams. xoxo. Sorry if that last bit sounded sappy", just to see what his response would be. It was, "You're sappy and it's cute."

We both found out we have the upcoming weekend off, so we agreed to talk all day, Saturday(today). Both saying that there's a lot of things we wanted to talk about. I'm currently waiting for him to log on right now, and for the first time, i'm really nervous

For anyone who has any sort of experience with online relationships, i'm curious if this is legit. Like, does he like me or am I just seeing things that aren't there? I've never really held any sort of romantic feelings for anyone in my daily life. I've never even dated anyone before, but it feels different with this guy. Sorry if this was so long.

Thanks for the response. And yeah, we don't really live too far from each other. Just a few states away. We've never really had any conversations about actually meeting up but I think that's mostly due to the fact that our conversations have been pretty casual for the most part.

at first I read your post looking for all the pitfalls and possible lies or tricks but then realised , this is how people actually meet and get dates these days - as long as you use common sense (many advice threads like this here on GS) if you do meet then use a well populated place and that friends or family know about the meeting too - it sounds awful to say be careful as he does sound like a genuine guy who has gotten to know you but such is life really , I hope you have found a genuine guy online buddy - he may be just like yourself and looking for mr right !! Im sure wiser heads will post here with advice though

What [MENTION=18997]matty7[/MENTION] said is pretty much what I'm seeing as well. Take precautions, yeah? But it sounds pretty legit to me. And remember, he's probably nervous too, yeah?

Hey there! I've had my fair share of online relationships. Most of them didn't really work out very well because I mostly tried experimenting more with them when I was starting to ease myself out of the closest. A lot of them were really nice and lasted for a time, but it always felt unrealistic because most of the time it would be with guys from places that weren't exactly easy to get to like Europe or across the country. There were even some that were closer, but there would be no real way to see each other for money or family reasons. So it would be like, oh okay, we can meet up in like 2 years or 3, and even though there was a connection and there was interest, it would sort of just fizzle out. That all being said, I did meet my current boyfriend of 2 years on Compatible Partners and even though he lives about 600 miles away in Canada, he was the first person who was really willing to put it on the table and we were able to arrange a meeting after online 2 months of talking and he was able to come here or I was able to go there pretty frequently and the rest is history I guess.

I would be curious how you guys met. Was it a dating site or a interest site/forum? If it's the former, I absolutely agree with what was said that dating sites basically can work the same no matter what the distance, like I know sometimes even okcupid can match people who live a few states away or something.

I would say is that it would be good to sort of what the relationship is of course. Be open and honest with each other and see where it can go. Then, it'd also be helpful to see how much it would be possible for you to see each other because as I explained, for me, that was sort of the make or break.

I would say that you shouldn't be afraid of online relationships. I feel like they're really becoming very common and if you find someone you really connect with and are attracted to, it'd be absolutely the right thing to see where it goes. Just try to be honest with yourself and him or anyone else who you might be in this situation with, and know your desires and needs as a person and a partner. Smile

Also, to add, I think that it's super valuable video chatting because that really helps. You know the person is who they say there are and you can pick up on their surroundings, their expressions, etc. Sure, it's a good think to be a little cautious and protect yourself at first, but I believe that applies to all relationships. If you're already video chatting, I think that is a good sign. I think the time I was first connected with my boyfriend to our first Skype video chat was like 4 days

Silly virgins. Seriously though, it sounds cute and innocent. Just be sure to save falling in love for AFTER you meet. Until then, cyber sex only. LOL

Vin, you do know that video chatting leads to video jacking, don't you? AT least I hope so.

Wow, such great feedback right here

So, we spent practically the entire time last night talking about how we feel about each other. We walked about how we cared for each other deeply and it turns out our feelings for each other are mutual after all. We both made it very clear that we would like to meet each other in person one day, but realistically that won't be happening for a while. We also talked about the idea of forming a relationship, although even though we talked about it in such depth, neither of us ever really asked each other out. But I'm almost positive that the reason for that is because we were both too scared to bring it up. By the end of the night, we shared some really personal details about ourselves and exchanged some photos(not dickpics, just some genuine photo's), and promised to see each other in the morning. So, yeah. I wouldn't say that we're in a relationship quite just yet, although for now at least, i'm really happy with how things have turned out.

Vin Wrote:I would be curious how you guys met. Was it a dating site or a interest site/forum? If it's the former, I absolutely agree with what was said that dating sites basically can work the same no matter what the distance, like I know sometimes even okcupid can match people who live a few states away or something.

We actually met on the social site, Tumblr. I made a post asking for some tips on a game that had just been released, and he was nice enough to give me some advice. We talked about how we'd like to play against each other online, then eventually we started talking about things other than video games and basically, one thing led to another.