Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internalised Homophobia.
Insertnamehere Wrote:^ If you ask me, I prefer the legal aspects done with first. I'm not interested in 17 million cunts thinking it's ok to be me as long as it is legal for all aspects of me, to be!

Which makes no sense, but then again I rarely make any sense.

Then again, it would be nicer to not have this culture of the underground in which if you're gay you do your life indoors, even when out of the closet. Oh and the rare but nonetheless present violence would be nice to not see again.

As for the topic. Oh sure, what the hell, I hate being gay. I hate it like the plague. I'd much rather be a miserable straight dude than the miserable gay rat I am now, but then again the ideal place is to be a happy gay dude....which may just happen within the next years if all goes well.....and then maybe I won't be thinking the same way? Who knows?

Gah, my life was always meant to be like that, I guess. Who the fuck cares anyway? Rolleyes

For the moment, you can dump as many internalized homophobia accusations on me as you please
Well, you have kind of isolated yourself in Antarctica, haven't you??, :biggrin:

Following up from what [MENTION=24253]Zen[/MENTION] had to say about education and the social classes, I wonder if the fact of being gay actually increases our natural curiosity, and by that increases our will to try things out and learn about the world. This would be a propensity to learn and get educated. Of course it might be the easy way out just to leave it to the establishment to teach us a curriculum, but would we ever have found out what our sexual orientation was if we hadn't tried to look elsewhere, where the institution didn't have us look? I wonder if that is also why there is this creativity. Isn't it a sort of inbred / ingrowing sense of ''what if....?'' Of course, I realise it is by no means a purely gay trait, but is it more prevalent in a population that isn't finding its answers in the run of the mill core of common knowledge? Common knowledge is also the source of many stereotypes, something else that needs to be (occasionally) challenged.

princealbertofb Wrote:Following up from what [MENTION=24253]Zen[/MENTION] had to say about education and the social classes, I wonder if the fact of being gay actually increases our natural curiosity, and by that increases our will to try things out and learn about the world. This would be a propensity to learn and get educated. Of course it might be the easy way out just to leave it to the establishment to teach us a curriculum, but would we ever have found out what our sexual orientation was if we hadn't tried to look elsewhere, where the institution didn't have us look? I wonder if that is also why there is this creativity. Isn't it a sort of inbred / ingrowing sense of ''what if....?'' Of course, I realise it is by no means a purely gay trait, but is it more prevalent in a population that isn't finding its answers in the run of the mill core of common knowledge? Common knowledge is also the source of many stereotypes, something else that needs to be (occasionally) challenged.

I think you have made some very good points Prince Albert. I've always felt quite 'gay' in my family in that, and maybe this will not make the sense that I hope that it will, that I have always felt apart from them and thus sought further answers- my particular studies have been in psychology (particularly I'm interested in 'individual differences'), Sociology (particularly social class and life course), Health and Fitness ( what appealed to me here was individual choices beyond genetics- in the sense that positive lifestyle choices can have benefits on an individual), and also Philosophy (although hard going, Metaphysics have always been of appeal to me). This kind of puts me at odds with my family background, and institutionally, I'm now more educated than many of the teachers that wrote me off!! I can't put it all into a nice package of words but somehow, I think it has always been linked to my sexuality.

I can understand internal homophobia. But I never understood externalized homophobia for two reasons.
1.) Why do they care what we do?
2.) Shouldn't they thank us for not competing with them for women? more pussy for them.

Cowboy Wrote:I can understand internal homophobia. But I never understood externalized homophobia for two reasons.
1.) Why do they care what we do?
2.) Shouldn't they thank us for not competing with them for women? more pussy for them.

1.)Because some people are taught to see the world in black and white. So naturally they divide people into "good people" and "bad people". They were told as children that being gay was bad therefore you fall into the "bad person" category just like muggers and thieves.

2.) Well I think the lesbians probably even it out Smile. But yeah most of the guys who think this way aren't exactly prize studs. They're dumb by default, probably poor and certainly witless. Worst of all they probably have backwards ideas about women too. The average raging homophobe would struggle to compete with a dildo.
Or else they're repressed gays themselves in which case they've no real use for pussy.

[MENTION=22948]TigerLover[/MENTION] whats wrong with muggers and thieves? They are both time honored professions Smile its those gays you need to watch out for.

Do you think many of these raging homophobes are really repressed gays? How do they even participate in homosexual activities to the point where they can be considered gay? It would be interesting to find out.

Any of you guys out there that have been repressed and or homophobic please tell us what its like. You will get no judgement from me, Im just happy youre with us now Smile Come on fellas tell your story.

TigerLover Wrote:1.)Because some people are taught to see the world in black and white. So naturally they divide people into "good people" and "bad people". They were told as children that being gay was bad therefore you fall into the "bad person" category just like muggers and thieves.

2.) Well I think the lesbians probably even it out Smile. But yeah most of the guys who think this way aren't exactly prize studs. They're dumb by default, probably poor and certainly witless. Worst of all they probably have backwards ideas about women too. The average raging homophobe would struggle to compete with a dildo.
Or else they're repressed gays themselves in which case they've no real use for pussy.
[MENTION=22948]TigerLover[/MENTION], what you have outlined in your second point is the classic bully acting out, "I don't understand it so I'll beat it up." either physically or emotionally. For the bully, this establishes both mastery of the situation and distance from having to deal with it in a more mature way. I suspect that a lot of these guys take on a macho attitude around women to hide insecurity. The straight guys that I know who accept gay friends are secure in their own sexuality and not threatened by someone who goes about things in another way. This is quite similar to the person who is an open minded intellectual. Whether one causes the other, I am not sure. I do know that they often show up together.
I bid NO Trump!

When I hear "internalized homophobia" I think of SJW's going after a gay person with a different opinion, however real internalized homophobia is real and I think it's very sad somebody has to feel bad about who they are.

[MENTION=16506]JisthenewK[/MENTION] SJW's ?

Cowboy Wrote:[MENTION=16506]JisthenewK[/MENTION] SJW's ?

It stands for Social Justice Warriors.