Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Carlos a good name?
yea...i am asian
and i want to name an english name
but i really dont know how to name
please help...Cry

Carlos is usually a name for a hispanic male.
"Carl" is the 'white' male version.
They're not my favorite names, but I do like the female version "Carla."

SrChulo Wrote:Carlos is usually a name for a hispanic male.
"Carl" is the 'white' male version.
They're not my favorite names, but I do like the female version "Carla."

i got it ,thx :biggrin:

If you wanted something more English than Carlos, or even Carl, Charles comes from the same root. This gives you more options on all the diminutive forms - Charlie, Chas and so on.

Quote:From the Germanic word 'karl', which means 'free man'. The name Charles was elected by Mary Queen of Scots for her son, Charles James, who became King James VI of Scotland, and then King James I of England. The next two generations below saw two further Charles' reign, cementing the name's popularity in the 17th century. The name is borne by Prince Charles, the man in line to be king after Queen Elizabeth II's reign ends. Famous bearers include Charles Dickens (writer) and Charles Bronson (actor). more

yea I forgot about charles! A Spanish student I teach likes to go by Charlie when we're speaking english. heheh

Carlos is a lovely name to me really, there is a guy that plays a guitar in my town named carlos i always pay to here more. Smile

and why you don´t use your real name ?

Aaron is a good name. So is something Sandy(it's unisex name). You could rewrite your asian name into an English name. My English name is basically a English pronunciation of my asian name. So you can make up names. Doesn't have to choose from the list of names they have. Make one up it will be more original.

I am Asian, my first name screams out Asian but I would never change it to an English name. I think it 's good to keep it as is for networking and professional career.
Like when I run for officer in organizations, I have to use a real name, so I want to shove my real name on people face as much as I can.

I do have an English name but it 's more of an alter ego that comes out when I am drunk. Big Grin

Anyway, Carlos sounds more Spanish than English for me.

The most popular names in English are from the bible - Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, David, Joshua, Zach etc. All of these have positive connotations for me (I'm not a Christian). I'd say the worst thing you could do would be to choose something unusual.