Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Carlos a good name?
Common names are safe bets. However, I like to think the best names are those that are not unusual, but aren't too uncommon. Some of my favourite names are Tristan, Lucas, and Elijah/Elias.

Most Biblical names are a safe bet in the English speaking world, unless you pick something really obscure. I hate the name Noah though.

Be careful if you go the creative route. A kid who i worked on a research project with told me his name... "Mista Huy." The whole time I thought he was referring to himself as "Mr. Huy" in a funny voice.... >_>

why not stick with your own name = or just shorten it,,, nothing special having an english name really, if it would help you fit in more where you are living then thats understandable m8 i think but still be proud to let us know your given name too if u want to

Is there a reason you do not like the name you were given?? I'm just curious since I have a foreign name too, and I had to slightly modify it into English, but still kept the original spelling, though the intonation and sound has changed slightly, which was totally unavoidable.

But to answer your question, I think Carlos is a really nice name, if you really want an English name, i would go with something a little bit different.

Hello, I love the idea that someone has decided to choose their own name. I believe every person should have the right to choose their first name at least.

The question is: Are you choosing a new name just so that you can fit in better? In that case you should pick a very common name. "Mike" is the most popular name in the English language. Then there is Bill, Will, Steve, Jim and John. Carl, Charles and Henry are all common in English.

Americans love last names as first names: Wilson, Winston, Perry, Marshal, Huntington, Stanford, Thornton, Austin, Bennington, Forester, Hamilton, Joplin, Kensington, Livingston, Macauley, Chatsworth, etc etc.

I assume you are not interested in a longer more colourful name like: Dominique, Nathaniel, Gabriel, Alexander, Johnathan or Banjamin.

If you prefere Latin names; here are a few I like: Adolfo, Armando, Carlo, Ignacio, Recardo, Antonio, Marcello, Benedito, Benito, Eduardo, Fernando, Federico, Hernando, Luigi, Mauricio, Vitorio, Paulo, Pietro, Nicola, Rudolfo, Salvador, Gustavo, etc.

Whatever name you choose, I hope it makes you happy.

No, I dated a guy called Carlos, he was a rotten apple! :biggrin:

Yeah, carlos is a good name. I love the ring of Nathaniel and all those long names that you mentioned. It has a nice feel to it. I also love Latin names; especially Rodrigo.

When ever i hear the name Carlos i immediately think about Carlos The Jackal, so unless your planning on being an international terrorist hitman or some Colombian drug lord, i'd stick with John.

I like the name Carlos but I'm biased, I spent 4 passionate days in New York with a guy named Carlos.
Richard

OrphanPip Wrote:Common names are safe bets. However, I like to think the best names are those that are not unusual, but aren't too uncommon. Some of my favourite names are Tristan, Lucas, and Elijah/Elias.

Most Biblical names are a safe bet in the English speaking world, unless you pick something really obscure. I hate the name Noah though.

What's wrong with Noah? He was the man who saved all the animals of the planet, wasn't he?