Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is he interested in me or just being nice?
I've see this guy in person a few times, but we have never gotten the chance to talk. His profile appeared in the "peope you might know" on facebook, so i sent him a friend request. He ended up accepting it and we chatted online for 3 hours about general stuff.

Not sure if he's straight/bi/or gay, because he doesnt list anything under sexual interest on his profile. but he lists himself as single. From what i can figure from his profile, he

After our first conversation, I backed off so I wouldn't come off as too eager. He had posted a few things yesterday, and i liked one of them to keep me on his radar. And he ended up sending me a message late last night and asked a random question "know anyone interest in buying a truck?" Ended up talking for about an hour before he had to go about about his new car. but in his last message he said "I'm out... ttyl."

So he's obviously interested in me to some extent, but sexually? What are y'alls opinions? How can I be more dirrect about my feelings without telling him straight up that I'm interested in him?

I had a similar problem to this recently. Frankly, it's hard to tell judging by the information you provided alone. Does he know you're gay? If not maybe let him know casually and see what his reaction is. If he is too he might tell you and voila, you'll already have a better idea of whether or not he's interested in you right there.

from what youve posted, doesnt seem like hes interested. just looking for someone to talk too. nothing outta the ordinary here.

From the little detail you have provided, its to early to tell anything to be honest.

Don't just assume he's gay and interested because you are. If you're FB profile indicates you're sexuality, I'd still be very wary about coming on to him too strongly as me he may simply delete you.

Why not try and be friends first. Ask him if he's got his new car yet and show some interest in it. He might take you for a ride (LoL)

Usually the "People you might know" has some link to your existing FB friends or group your a member of. If you're out to people then why not ask others who may know him better than you a few casual questions and see if you can get a better picture of him as a person.

ObW
x

As a few here have said, to me it just sounds like he's being friendly and chatty. Nothing he has said seems suspiciously flirty, and you definitely shouldn't assume he is gay.

If you wanted to find out if he's gay, why not just ask him if he has a girlfriend? Not blatantly "Hey! Do you have a girlfriend?" but more so nonchalant.

Just keep your distance until you know some more about him I would suggest.

Just be open about your sexuality and if he is interested he will reciprocate. And if he isn't what harm is done? You will be back in the same spot you were before just without all the wanting information.

If you've crossed paths in person before, and now have spent hours at a time chatting online, seems to me that it would be perfectly normal for you to suggest getting together for coffee, a beer, or something casual like that. Not a date at all, just a chance to chat in person.

If he says yes, hopefully you will get a better sense of whether he's just looking for a friend or really interested in you. If he says no, don't read too much into that. He still might be interested, but be dealing with his own feelings or sense of timing. Good luck, man.

I really think that you are reading to much into things.
Slow it up , see him as a friend not a love/lust interest.

Take it easy.

I think you should know him further..having a chat with him twice wont really say anything about his real sexuality. At the moment, I think he's just being nice

Quote:but in his last message he said "I'm out... ttyl."

You are reading way too much into this...

I'm out, Outer, outties, don't mean 'I came out' it means 'I am out of here, talk to you later'