Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my bf really gay?
dowhatchuwant10 Wrote:The amount of gay men that like feminine men is so small compared to the amount of lesbians that like masculine women (lots!). Or it just me?

Maybe just you? Haha. Like I said before for every person that likes a feminine acting guy/girl another has to like the masculine or there would be no relationships!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Thats not true because by that logic every gay relationship wud be masc/fem. I think that the majority of gay relationships are masc/masc and fem/fem because there is a divide between fem and masc gays in the community. Alot of fem guys are rejected by masc gays and fem gays because femininity in males is seen as an unattractive trait. However loads of lesbians see masculinity as an attractive trait, this just doesnt make sense to me.. is it because of the patriarchal nature of society?

dowhatchuwant10 Wrote:Thats not true because by that logic every gay relationship wud be masc/fem. I think that the majority of gay relationships are masc/masc and fem/fem because there is a divide between fem and masc gays in the community. Alot of fem guys are rejected by masc gays and fem gays because femininity in males is seen as an unattractive trait. However loads of lesbians see masculinity as an attractive trait, this just doesnt make sense to me.. is it because of the patriarchal nature of society?

I think thats quite generalising again - not everyone is into the same things. I think most relationships end up having a feminine role and masculine just to function. Especially when it comes down to sex you almost always have a giver and taker. Yeah you get some versatile but still more often than not they have a preference.

I slightly agree with masculine guys not always going for feminine - I think its more down to the traits they are typically seen to have. I couldn't picture myself with someone really camp for instance but this is just personal preference. I can't speak for lesbians, but a few are on here and maybe they could share some light on the topic.
[/COLOR]

theres a difference between between camp and being feminine -.- now thats a generalisation!

dowhatchuwant10 Wrote:Thats not true because by that logic every gay relationship wud be masc/fem. I think that the majority of gay relationships are masc/masc and fem/fem because there is a divide between fem and masc gays in the community. Alot of fem guys are rejected by masc gays and fem gays because femininity in males is seen as an unattractive trait. However loads of lesbians see masculinity as an attractive trait, this just doesnt make sense to me.. is it because of the patriarchal nature of society?

thats very true. I dont see alot of mas/fem relationships but honestly, I see some fem guys into mas guys and vice versa. I personally dont want a mas/fem relationship. I want a fem/fem relationship (if I ever wanna settle down, but right now, I dont want one)

dowhatchuwant10 Wrote:theres a difference between between camp and being feminine -.- now thats a generalisation!

Again the statement I used that in was 'I couldn't see myself with someone camp' Thats just one trait I wouldn't go for. I don't think I associated it with being feminine?
[/COLOR]

Oh okay Smile. Before i started dating, i had more straight women hitting on me than gay men.. in some cases fem gays would find it easier to find a straight woman to hookup with than a gay man.

I cant post links on this site, cos im new but search up "straight bait" on youtube and watch the video by "DannyNoriega"

HumbleTangerine Wrote:I meant other slang words for the same body-part though. But I really like the sound of cinnamon and Pacific :o

I knew what you meant. Just wanted to redirect topics. Tongue

Like your new avatar btw. I liked the glasses one you had up for five seconds too! All smart looking and shit.

Wade Wrote:I knew what you meant. Just wanted to redirect topics. Tongue

Like your new avatar btw. I liked the glasses one you had up for five seconds too! All smart looking and shit.

I figured I wouldn't wanna raise expectations on my intelligence. Better to surprise than disappoint! (thanks Smile )