Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my male boss flirting with me?
I work at a restaurant, I work hard.
Sunday night I decided to have a drink at our bar, I had some issues that I needed to discuss with my boss about a co-worker, I never text my boss unless it's about schedule changes and vice versa. I've had suspicions that he was gay since I got hired by him, he just comes off as being gay...he's masculine acting, but his dress, his hair, his general look is too perfect for a straight man. He wears penny loafers without socks, and Lacoste polo shirts for Christ's sake. He's speech I would compare to Drew Barrymore's seemingly gay brother on 50 First Dates.

Anyways, I find him quite attractive, I am always catching my self looking at him, staring at his butt when he walks in front of me, and I can usually 'feel' him doing the same out of the corner of my eye. Our talk is minimal, and I always have this gut feeling that he's afraid to talk to me...it's really weird.
Since i've started working here, this guy has given me more money on my check than anyone else at my level, he assigns me to the most important events that we cater, and is always really cool with me.

Well, after 3 drinks we started texting eachother, he told me he was drinking, and I told him I was too, our conversation was really casual and included foul language...he's really into football and told me "cheer for my team" in a text.
I told him "I'm too gay for football...haha, but sure, go Jets!"
He told me that I was a hard worker and doing a great job and that he was promoting me to a server full time at our restaurant.
he then said
"Buddy boy, if my Jets win this game you are my new wingman in Palm Springs Wink"
He owns a condo in Palm Springs and in Big Bear, and also rents a house in the city where I work.

My face flushed red at the bar, I laughed to myself as I continued drinking my Bud Light...I felt this strange feeling of excitement...I think because of the fact that it was my boss...Palm Springs in California is gayer than San Francisco...I'm inferring things here with him, it's like puzzle pieces and him texting me that text felt like I got a glance at the picture on the box.

I don't know what to make of this, the next morning he texted me to tell me that he wanted me serving for that day, Monday...I got the promotion he talked about Sunday night. Now I don't know what to do, I saw him today at work and we talked like buddies for the first time since i've started and it felt really good, he was talking about a liquor store he was excited about that made it's own microbrews, I made a joke about drinking and he turned red, it was the cutest thing ever. I don't know how to bring up hanging out with him, or what to say next, I feel like I need to be buzzed to talk to him like that again...at least until something good happens. lol

Please give me some input here...What do I do?????
I know I'm crossing a very risque line here, between professionalism and recklessness, but I need excitement right now, and I feel like this guy needs me right now.

Ask him out. Weekend is coming, start your conversation by how hard both of you have been working and suggest him for a break. Ask him if he wants to go for a night out, maybe a movie or try out another bar.
I don't see anything wrong with pursuing this relationship. You may loose your job but you can always get another job at another restaurant. However, if you loose a man, you would never be able to get a same man again.

Thanks guys for the Birthday Greetings. First email I opened this morning, very much appreciated. Must spend more time with you this year! Best wishes and good luck, G xxx

You have already told him in a round-about way that you are gay, the next step would be to let him know that you are interested in a romantic relationship with him. I agree with posterpicture - you should ask him out and see if he's interested in you.

But the Jets lost!! lol

How much do you like your job?

Lol SrChulo...they did indeed lose, but he basically made a pass by calling me buddy boy and inviting me to his condo in Palm Springs.

I think i'll take the straight forwatd approach reccomended by posterchild...I shouldn't get greif for anything, afterall he was texting this stuff to me..Im just nervous about rejection now. Yikes.

marshlander Wrote:How much do you like your job?

7 out of 10 marshlander....do you honestly believe I risk my job with this? ?

Relationships go wrong more often than they go right. He holds all the power. I would say it's risky.

marshlander Wrote:Relationships go wrong more often than they go right. He holds all the power. I would say it's risky.

True enough, however I wasn't neccessarily looking for a relationship, and the way he talks to me really turns me on, he's my boss...he's already had all the power.

I want to just completely and wholly let him take the reigns, I want to lose all inhibitions with this guy.

Im sure it sounds silly to you, but this is exciting to me.