Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiss my colleague?
RomanticMan Wrote:Haha, that's a nice feeling Smile). I wish he could read your messages here Smile. Then give it a try. if it's on the lips, would it be too early? I dont want to interrupt and break the flow of your ideas. On the other hand, kissing on the cheeks makes your aim quite clear and makes him feel more comfortable. Also gives a message like ''You're not just a guy''.

if he's vrigin, he could have same feelings with me. but cultural difference should be considered. In your country, things may work different.

That would be awkward... if he could read this, haha. But at least it would be clear to him how I feel! Don't know if he is a virgin, he is a little younger than me. I do know he kissed at least one guy before. That came up in a conversation once.
Just logged on at home to check if they didn't change the schedule. But luckily he's still on for tonight. Now I just have to convince the chef on duty that we can partner up for tonights shift :-)

Cuddly Wrote:Ask him out!
Kissing him at work sounds super awkward, but that could just be me.

^^^^^ This, 100%

Ian nailed it again. Work place romances can be risky, especially when you work so closely. Does the company have a policy about employees dating? Move slowly.

You've probably already left for work but what the hell.

If I were you I'd touch him first.
Arm around the waist
hand on his hand or arm.
(not leg that's sleazy)

That way if he's not interested (right now) he can just shrug you off and you can both pretend it never happened.

Also give some thought to what [MENTION=20359]Cuddly[/MENTION] said. He might be more comfortable if you just asked him out.

Good luck buddy!

Darius Wrote:Ian nailed it again. Work place romances can be risky, especially when you work so closely. Does the company have a policy about employees dating? Move slowly.

The only policy is that realtionships between coworkers need to be reported to the supervisors. Actually have 5 couples within my team alone!

TigerLover Wrote:You've probably already left for work but what the hell.

If I were you I'd touch him first.
Arm around the waist
hand on his hand or arm.
(not leg that's sleazy)

That way if he's not interested (right now) he can just shrug you off and you can both pretend it never happened.

Also give some thought to what [MENTION=20359]Cuddly[/MENTION] said. He might be more comfortable if you just asked him out.

Good luck buddy!

Thanks! Just finished a massive amount of paperwork. Now some coffee and heading outside with the guy it's all about in 10 minutes. No idea want to do still..

[MENTION=24225]Jess[/MENTION]
I think you quoted me but it's deleted, so I couldnt see your reply.

RomanticMan Wrote:[MENTION=24225]Jess[/MENTION]
I think you quoted me but it's deleted, so I couldnt see your reply.

It is in moderator que I think. Didn't know exactly what I said. Just that I don't know is he is a virgin. I do know he kissed at least one guy before because it came up in a conversation he had. He is a few years younger than me though.

Jess Wrote:It is in moderator que I think. Didn't know exactly what I said. Just that I don't know is he is a virgin. I do know he kissed at least one guy before because it came up in a conversation he had. He is a few years younger than me though.

how about you ask them if you talk such things between you both. and I'm off the stage LOL I dont know what else to say.

Okay, this guy is hard to read. At one time during our night shift he was standing with his back towards me reading an email on his phone. He called me to read it. I stood sort of behind him, reading over his shoulder. Intentionally a little close, which I think he noticed because he turned his head and looked at me for a little while and then turned his head away. It was nighttime but I could see him smiling a bit. So I gave him a small kiss on the side of his neck, turned around and got in the car. We finished our shift normally, talking like we used to. When we got back to the station i asked him if he wanted to get coffee and some breakfast with me, which he said yes to without hestitation. During this breakfast he hardly spoke and did not look at me most of the time (just looked at his plate and coffee). We never had this during our shifts together. When we finished eating, we went outside where he said goodbye and got in his car.
What the...? Am I reading all of his 'signals' wrong? Does he in fact not like me at all? Or is it insecurity? Think I just have to ask him but I really don't know how to start that conversation.