Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kiss my colleague?
Jess, I would keep the work at hand as the main focus while you are at work.

Is being gay accepted where you are? If there are objections, even if it is legal, he could feel very awkward. Maybe go to breakfast a few more times...not avery day...and try to get to know him and give hima chance to know you. Whatever develops, I would keep it away from work. At least that is the way I now see it. After awhilem you might talk directly about it. Be sure not to crowd things.
I bid NO Trump!

Dear Jess I've been in your place several times so i have a PHD in situations like these. I think the guy is playing with you. He showed a lot of enthousiasm at the beginning coming out to you, making you obvious compliments and of course trying a lot to make you like him. And as a result he succeed it. He starts to take the control of your mind and manipulates you like a puppet. No you didnt read the signs wrong. The signs are obvious. He wasnt shy to come out to u, wasnt shy to compliment you but became shy afterwards? Hello? Something stinks. If his intentions were real he would reciprocate the kiss. You dont know this guy. Who tells you he didnt make it on purpose just to sue you for sexual harassement? You dont shit where you eat. My advice is to stop it immediately and dont bring this thing up. Treat him like anyone else of your co-workers . If you like this guy on time ask him out after work or invite him for beers into your house on your day off . You can make a move and if he backs off you can have a beer allibi.

Are you sure this is not just wishful thinking on your part?

[MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION]: I never had the feeling that it isn't accepted. But he might experience this differently. At work everybody knows he's gay, he never made a secret of that. There was absolutely nobody around when I gave him that kiss and at breakfast I think I saw only one other customer. I really don't think I Will ask him out again any time soon.
[MENTION=21957]Darius[/MENTION]: perhaps it is. But if it was me asking all those questions to a colleague en me trying to make sure I partner up together with the same colleague every time, I would be sending a message.
And it still doesn't explain the 180 degree change in behaviour from within the car and at the coffeeshop. I never had those awkward silences. Especially not with him. Man, that made me feel uncomfortable.

Jess Wrote:It was nighttime but I could see him smiling a bit. So I gave him a small kiss on the side of his neck, turned around and got in the car.

Did he not react or say anything at all when you did this?
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

I sounds so romantic that you guys are both into each other. Hope you have a happy endingSmile

Dear Jess I've been in your place several times so i have a PHD in situations like these. I think the guy is playing with you. He showed a lot of enthousiasm at the beginning coming out to you, making you obvious compliments and of course trying a lot to make you like him. And as a result he succeed it. He starts to take the control of your mind and manipulates you like a puppet. No you didnt read the signs wrong. The signs are obvious. He wasnt shy to come out to u, wasnt shy to compliment you but became shy afterwards? Hello? Something stinks. If his intentions were real he would reciprocate the kiss. You dont know this guy. Who tells you he didnt make it on purpose just to report you for sexual harassement? You dont shit where you eat. My advice is to stop it immediately and dont bring this thing up. Treat him like anyone else of your co-workers . If you like this guy ask him out after work or invite him for beers into your house. You can make a move and if he backs off you can have a drunk alliby.

Bookworm Wrote:Did he not react or say anything at all when you did this?

Sorry, busy week so I just read the replies. But nope, he did not react.
But... got the nerves to ask him what his deal was a couple of days later. If it was me who got the wrong impression or if it was something else. He became really shy, a little red and... kissed me :-)

Jess Wrote:Sorry, busy week so I just read the replies. But nope, he did not react.
But... got the nerves to ask him what his deal was a couple of days later. If it was me who got the wrong impression or if it was something else. He became really shy, a little red and... kissed me :-)

Wonderful! How is everything going then?
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

You definitely need to take this away from work. And work on it.
I bid NO Trump!