Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LDS Church
Rainbowmum Wrote:I have done my fair share of research on them as well , I am pretty sure they all comes from the same cult, the seven day , Jehovah witnesses as well as them of course.

I was brought up as a JW. Although they might not agree with my sexuality they've never discrimated against me like what is happening there. The Brother's asked me if there was anything they could do to help me, support me and everything. I just responded that I was content with how I was. They were very understanding. It's my friend's grandparents that cause me problems. Alot of it depends on how an individual acts an how much they believe, how far they take it ect.

Jesus said They will be known by love amongst themselves...I don't understand why there's so much hate >.<

Roxy Wrote:I was brought up as a JW. Although they might not agree with my sexuality they've never discrimated against me like what is happening there. The Brother's asked me if there was anything they could do to help me, support me and everything. I just responded that I was content with how I was. They were very understanding. It's my friend's grandparents that cause me problems. Alot of it depends on how an individual acts an how much they believe, how far they take it ect.

Jesus said They will be known by love amongst themselves...I don't understand why there's so much hate >.<

My grandparents lol. Yes he did, but there will always be unexplainable pain and discrimination.

OrphanPip Wrote:Ah, it's as ridiculous as any other religion. However, the Book of Mormon is a far inferior text to the Bible in terms of literary quality, it's really quite poorly written.

My opinion is that it is nothing but false, evil, exploitative and cannabilistic - but what do I know? I just don't want anything I care about around such readily visible......well

The reason it's such a poor literary work is because it is a plaigerism in disguise with a self-serving and base lie for it's original goal. Divinity my AS*! It's not even good sado/masochism writ poems!
(Ahahahahahaha!)

By definition of the word CULT, all organised religions would fit neatly one way or another into the 'Cult' category.

I also find it disturbing that such religions NEED a 'house' of worship, that to me seems cultish. Rejecting and excluding others because of conflicts with faith are cultish behaviours.

True religion begins in the heart and ends with you 'Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you'

So while organised relgion display cult like behaviour, they also display hypocritical behaviour, very cultish indeed. The dieties would be fuming.

Marshlander has seen this and enjoyed it. Thought it was very topical... so I'll respect his ex Mormon judgement.

Counselor Wrote:Some people get Paul confused with Jesus, and really, who hasn't? They both sound the same, were alive at the same time, performed the same magic tricks...give the poor zealot a break.

Nope! :biggrin:

OrphanPip Wrote:Ah, it's as ridiculous as any other religion. However, the Book of Mormon is a far inferior text to the Bible in terms of literary quality, it's really quite poorly written.

well it was written by a man with his head in a hat...

lol, a little off topic but me and my dyslexia keeps reading the thread LSD church Supergrin but judging by the description in the first post it doesn't sound to far fetched.

As far as Jesus goes, see Matthew 19:11-12 which goes something like:

[COLOR="Red"]"But he said to them, "All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven's sake. He who is able to receive it, let him receive it."[/COLOR]