Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOOKING on HBO
I am re-watching LOOKING on HBOGO right now...and I friggin' LOVE IT! ...waiting for season two which begins this Sunday.....

This is the third time now that I feel like I "know" these guys...same with the people on Tales of the City and also on Six Feet Under

They feel like "home" for me...I have known people like each one of these guys and since I was a bartender in a gay bar for 20 years in the SF Bay Area I pretty much know a lot of different types of gay men....and I liked most of them on some level.

LOOKING is basically a gay soap....and a satisfying one IMO....I am thrilled to be able to watch the next season....

Anyone else see it?...like it?...hate it?.

Dom is my favorite....

Season Two Preview......

"Dom"...on sex scenes...he is my favorite

Watched it last year. Not enthused. Maybe watching this year. The weird color palette was a major turn-off. Liked characters only so-so.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I wasn't in love with it, and my feelings were pretty lukewarm at first, but I was starting to really like it before my roommate cancelled his HBO go account, the asshole. I'm intending to catch up at some point or another, but despite my lack of enthusiasm, I can acknowledge it's very well written. As soon as I get access again, I plan on a Looking binge.

Johnathan Groff is also basically why I watched in the first place haha.

Not that they're the same show, but my heart will always belong to Queer as Folk <3

I have talked to a lot of people who didn't like it much......I guess that "home" feeling won me over. I don't much like the Russel Tovay character...

...and I agree QAF was a great show...watched it beginning to end and then over again,...

I was a fan of Brian and Emmett...

i need recommendations on good gay TV shows, because i never watch TV. i'll check this one out. thanks.

meridannight Wrote:i need recommendations on good gay TV shows, because i never watch TV. i'll check this one out. thanks.

If you haven't watched RuPaul's Drag Race, I recommend it. It's a great show! Pretty much the only reality show I watch.

I watched it. The show took off slow, but started picking up steam. By the end it was really, really good! I'm looking forward to watching it this year....

And QAF... I'm watching it again for the third time and still enjoying it as well, that was a "great" show. Too bad it was canceled after the 4th season.

looking is def worth a second look. looking forward to its 2nd season!

meridannight Wrote:i need recommendations on good gay TV shows, because i never watch TV. i'll check this one out. thanks.

Queer as folk.

RuPaul's Drag Race

Looking

Those are the 3 that I know of. RuPaul's is like project runway; an episode here and there is fine, but not bingewatchable.