Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOOKING on HBO
i've seen Queer as Folk's British version. it had some hot sex scenes, but the substance was rather absent. didn't impress me much.

I was glad I watched...sorta...in a good familiar "sorta" way....

It reminded me of a lot of things...this show is DEFINITELY true to part of my life...damn. It is almost surreal for me....like how do they capture something so perfectly? I have never really seen it before in any gay movie or show except maybe Tales of the City. I
am thinking since it takes place in the Bay Area that the writers must have written what they knew...because they captured a lot of things perfectly. I know Tales was written by Armistead Maupin who did write about real stuff in San Francisco and it completely captured exactly the people and the vibe at the time...this is pretty close as well....

I will definitely keep watching...hope it continues....

I like the show, but some of it seems a little wierd, like the clothing and hair styles (especially Agustin). If it weren't for them having computers and iPhones id think the show was based in the 1970's.

I thought it was more 80s or early 90s for some reason...it never occurred to me that this was present day. Definitely not 70s though...I was alive and well during all of those decades....

I only mildly enjoyed the first episode...I liked the Russian River scenes and the comraderie but I don't like the Russel Tovay character very much (I haven't even bothered to learn his character's name lol)and having to watch him and Richie fuck too much might ruin it for me.

Like I said on another post, the first season was a little bit superficial, too quiet and sometimes confused for me.

I saw the first episode on the season two, it was ok. But it's shame, the episodes are very short, about 25 minutes ... and how many episodes by season ? About 10, 8 for the first. It's not enough to have a reel story, i think it's my problem with this serie, even if i like it.

I'm following it.

Though I have kind of an outsider-observer attitude towards it. I can't relate to the characters at all and their lifestyles are kind of alien to me. But it doesn't stop me from liking the show.

The realistic style is much appreciated. Everyone is kind of messed up in a good way. It's bad sign for a TV drama if I don't find myself annoyed with the leading characters from time to time. What's the point of watching if they don't challenge you in any way? Moreover, nobody looks like a gay magazine cover boy, which is a plus.

The show kind of resembles a more down-to-earth gay version of "Girls", which is by no means a bad thing. I love Girls :biggrin:

My husbear told me not to watch episode 2. I wonder why Tongue Woof.

Aike Wrote:I'm following it.

Though I have kind of an outsider-observer attitude towards it. I can't relate to the characters at all and their lifestyles are kind of alien to me. But it doesn't stop me from liking the show.

For me...I know all these guys...very well. They absolutely got the vibe and the personalities dead on....

The only one I don't know is Richies's boss.....the Russel Tovay character. I am not familiar with "that guy" ...maybe because I don't want to be. I would avoid that man in the 3-D world so maybe that's why I don't know him....or I would make the other bartender wait on him....LOL His character makes my skin crawl.

I am not sure I like the pace yet.....but it is like crawling inside an old blanket for me...the "home" feeling...so I will watch until it is no more.

East Wrote:The only one I don't know is Richies's boss.....the Russel Tovay character. I am not familiar with "that guy" ...maybe because I don't want to be. I would avoid that man in the 3-D world so maybe that's why I don't know him....or I would make the other bartender wait on him....LOL His character makes my skin crawl.

I think Russel Tovay is Patrick's boss. Richie is Patrick's Mexican lover.

Pcolakuntryboy Wrote:I think Russel Tovay is Patrick's boss. Richie is Patrick's Mexican lover.

YES! Thanks...you are right....I started mixing up their names after the end of the first season for some reason. I like Richie...he reminds me of alot of guys I know..it is Patrick's boss I don't like at all.